Is .20 cal dying?

So some loyalist here. Still doesn’t relate to manufacturing trends. Guns not offered in it to the level of other calibers. Maybe nine choices of .20 cal on Pyramyd Air site. Now maybe those pellets are the best of the best and no more variations will ever be needed. I love my .20, but also notice it’s the step child round.

It is without a doubt a BASTARD / ODD caliber and in the USA only exists due to the vintage SHERIDAN 5mm guns along with a LOT of marketing by Robert Beeman back in the Late 70's 80's & early 90's

Take away the known fact it is not widely used, but looked at in how the caliber shoots within realistic speed / power levels. IMO .20 cal trumps the .177 in a land slide and takes NO BACK SEAT to a .22 at equal power / speed levels.

Realizing this is a PELLET caliber and being honest really 70/80 yard & under shooter with diablo pellets, The .20's in my stable ( Have 4 ) are in my PCP's MORE accurate than any .177 / .22 / .25 owned ... & I own some damn nice guns in these "Other" calibers for relativity. ( This with JBS 13.7's ) There a keeper if you own a .20 as many have stated .. or regretted selling.

Reactions: Val44
So some loyalist here. Still doesn’t relate to manufacturing trends. Guns not offered in it to the level of other calibers. Maybe nine choices of .20 cal on Pyramyd Air site. Now maybe those pellets are the best of the best and no more variations will ever be needed. I love my .20, but also notice it’s the step child round.

It is without a doubt a BASTARD / ODD caliber and in the USA only exists due to the vintage SHERIDAN 5mm guns along with a LOT of marketing by Robert Beeman back in the Late 70's 80's & early 90's

Take away the known fact it is not widely used, but looked at in how the caliber shoots within realistic speed / power levels. IMO .20 cal trumps the .177 in a land slide and takes NO BACK SEAT to a .22 at equal power / speed levels.

Realizing this is a PELLET caliber and being honest really 70/80 yard & under shooter with diablo pellets, The .20's in my stable ( Have 4 ) are in my PCP's MORE accurate than any .177 / .22 / .25 owned ... & I own some damn nice guns in these "Other" calibers for relativity. ( This with JBS 13.7's ) There a keeper if you own a .20 as many have stated .. or regretted selling.

Well said Motörhead. 

20 is my only caliber, although someday I would like a .22

When I purchased my R1 new in 97, i chose .20 because I saw no reason to buy a pellet rifle in bb caliber.