Iron sights

This is my first post here. If an introduction is customary please let me know and tell me where to post it.

I want to shoot iron sights the majority of the time. I want to put a peep sight on my Diana 34 EMS or get a Diana 460 magnum and de-tune it.

Finding good iron sights looks like it will cost as much as a scope if it is even possible to mount any.

I'm also a fairly new PCP owner, less than a year. When I first started looking at PCPs I also wanted one with iron sights, but it seems like no one would bother to sell models that were capable of iron sights unless you were looking at really bargain basement models (or Olympic). Most PCPs have zero provisions for iron sights and I think I understand why. The trajectory of a pellet is so parabolic that iron sights are not very useful unless you're always going to be shooting at a fixed distance (like 10m). Iron sights also add cost and complexity to an air rifle design. Many rifles have a shrouded barrel which makes mounting iron sights difficult if not impossible.

This is my first post here. If an introduction is customary please let me know and tell me where to post it.

I want to shoot iron sights the majority of the time. I want to put a peep sight on my Diana 34 EMS or get a Diana 460 magnum and de-tune it.

Finding good iron sights looks like it will cost as much as a scope if it is even possible to mount any.

Yeah I don’t think it’s feasible to add our iron sights to a PCP I think you have to find one that’s has irons from the factory

What red dot do you use.

I am using the Buck Rail Hawkeye Reflex. I miss-stated that I had it on my Chaser, actually took it off and mounted it on my Bandit. 

ThomasT

Bandit - 101.1653661452.jpg

Reactions: Bolillo
Find an older CZ200 that had the iron sights. Great guns. 

Some of the pistols do, if you like pistols. I have an Ataman AP16 and it's a hoot with iron sights. 

Only other iron sight PCP I own is an HW100 I customized with a FWB 124 barrel lol

IMG_20210516_082829660.1653756170.jpg

Now that’s The kind of set up I like the rear sight being back there by your eye were belongs. front sight out on the end of the barrel

@thumper your hw100 looks awesome! How well does it shoot with that setup?

It shoots very very good. The barrel is fantastic. 

But it will wake the dead......This sucker is loud!

I keep it at 11.5fpe for FT work, and it has a silencer and scope fitted now for that. I can still put the site back on, but probably never will. It's just too loud.