Iquana Smack Down

Was in Florida last week and was able to book and Iquana hunt.!!! Lots of action and did my part in helping Florida get rid of this invasive species.
Plus I got to field test an Edgun Leshiy 2 in .25 & .30 calibers. Great time !!!

IMG_7358.jpg

Was in Florida last week and was able to book and Iquana hunt.!!! Lots of action and did my part in helping Florida get rid of this invasive species.
Plus I got to field test an Edgun Leshiy 2 in .25 & .30 calibers. Great time !!!

View attachment 355970
If everyone going on them hunts and bagging that many each i dont think were getting rid of them too soon..

Reactions: beerthief
would love to be of service in Florida clean up , Good Job
what is a price of a hunt 1/2 day ? all day ? ? IS it a relaxed sort of contract ? Maybe insurance forms and cost ?
@beerthief:
The fee for my hunt was $1250 for 4 hours, includes boat, guns, ammo, and water or soda. You can have up to 5 hunters in the boat so the cost is split $1250/5 or $250 each. I went alone, my wife accompanied but only as a spotter. We called it a day at 3-1/2 hours. Bagged the large one on the way back to the boat dock. I booked my hunt with Python Cowboy (on YouTube) but went out with one of his other captains and deck hands.

Reactions: golfer70
HMMMM? plan #1 move to FLA . buy property outside city limits , live targets 24/7/365 .
Plan #2 invite AGN members to stay in local hotel , shoot with you on property , (only charge 1 sleeve of pellets plus free air fill or bargain blue light special of 5 tins for 3 hours .)

HMMMM? plan #1 move to FLA . buy property outside city limits , live targets 24/7/365 .
Plan #2 invite AGN members to stay in local hotel , shoot with you on property , (only charge 1 sleeve of pellets plus free air fill or bargain blue light special of 5 tins for 3 hours .)
Have you priced property in Florida lately!!!!

Well folks bringing baby alligators to city's like new york then yurning them loose in the sewers did not help there rat problem. Maybe need more gators?

But i guesd down in new Yankee land not only the iguanas but the pythons comming on as strong as well.

How much did you get in bounty $ for them you killed on that hunt ?

It’s always amazed me that the ‘problem’ hogs and lizards cost so much to help the poor residents clean up. :rolleyes:
I totally agree. I have no problem paying for a hunt I want to do especially something I've never done or is not around me. BUT I remember paying to hunt pigs because where I lived in OK there was not any but just go south or west of me and they have a strong presence. Now I don't have to pay people are asking me to come kill them anytime I want. The thing that has changed for me is deer hunting when landowners/farmers can get more money leasing their land to hunters than the agriculture they raise it stopped a lot of people hunting. Now if you love it and can afford it great. I can but refuse to play the game and I mostly hunt small game now. I talk to farmers every day and they are always complaining about the deer and pigs but want to charge you at least $15 dollars acre to lease or $500 a day to hunt they aren't too worried about it. I am thankful though we live in a great country that allows us to hunt even though it has or is being capitalized more and more each year.

I would pay the 1500/hour to roll up some pigs from a helicopter, just once! Well okay maybe twice:p

Thanks
Jon

Have you priced property in Florida lately!!!!
@ $1250 a day to hunt and one day a week would pay your mortgage , of course it might not pay ins. boat , licensing but you could find locals to use their boat for a % $ . I am sure it can be done but i was really joking at the time .
EDIT would pay to could pay having not investigated $$$

Reactions: drsquall
@ $1250 a day to hunt and one day a week would pay your mortgage , of course it might not pay ins. boat , licensing but you could find locals to use their boat for a % $ . I am sure it can be done but i was really joking at the time .
EDIT would pay to could pay having not investigated $$$
Liability insurance is costly to start . Today it dont take more then a customer to get a scratch and lawyer up and sue you for all your worth + some.

How much did you get in bounty $ for them you killed on that hunt ?
I did not get any bounty and wasn't looking for it. I believe only certain counties pay a bounty. And the regulations stipulate that they must be humanely killed, but doesn't spell out what "humane" is.
For that kind of money they can get rid of their own iguanas, if they are that bad they should pay people to shoot them.
In theory yes, just like they pay people to shoot prairie dogs out west... RIGHT!!!!!! 😜😉