• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Invicta match/GOB date change shooting 6-12-2015 at Minor Hill

"Due to the city having a rodeo the same time as our scheduled match Roz has graciously allowed us to swap dates with his match this month, so Invicta will be hosting a match this Saturday in Minor Hill instead of at Roz's, and then we will have the GOB match on the date originally scheduled for the Invicta match."

So if you were planning on going to Roz's head to Minor Hill instead. Directions:
http://www.invictaftc.org/clubinfo.html

Show up at 8:00am and help set the course up , excellent opportunity to learn from the best, match starts aprox. 9:30.
Never shot FT before? Any airgun under 20fpe is all you need and if it helped I would lend someone a rifle for the match- no range numbers but...).

I "think" the next shoot after that is at the GOB club in Pulaski on June 27. I'll try to confirm that and give plenty of notice.

John

If you weren't there you really missed out on a fine day of shooting in the woods. I wasn't able to shoot but did have a darn fine time,
learned just what it takes to fix to poi shifts (extreme) on a AR20

if you look closely You'll note the difference from factory, the owner also added the Rowan air stripper and the UK made over sive 3d printed scope know (nice!).

and the first time I'd seen a Rowan adjustable Hamster in person.
Brad Troyer and David Slade designed the course and everyone helps set up and take down, some really nice targets

And no actual Garfields were harmed during this event."]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x258/ftnationals/Invicta%206-13-2015/video_zpspv6jhunw.mp4]
th_video_zpspv6jhunw.mp4
[/URL][/url]

And the Official match report
"Posted for David Slade, Pics provided by John Blount:

We had a slight problem this month, Minor Hill has its annual Rodeo on the same date as our scheduled match - I contacted Roz and he very kindly agreed to swap dates for this month with the Good Ole Boys match so much appreciated Roz, thanks again! So please note we meet at Roz's Hollow on the 27th this month.

We had some nice surprises at this match, first one was Bill Liebko from Louisiana came up to shoot, en-route to Wisconsin, hope to see him again sometime soon, he always adds some humor to an event.

We had a total of twelve shooters attend, including a couple of new guys, hope to see you come back for more fun soon.

We beat the heat of the day, the woods heavy shading cooled us down quite nicely, of course that also meant it was quite dark on the course, I think it was a fair trade off.

Another nice surprises are Cliff Smith scored his highest score so far in his new class, way to go Cliff!

Yet another surprise, well shocker for pretty much everyone, that old has-been, yours truly managed a decent score for the first time in whats seems like a decade, small wonders never cease!

David Brown had equipment issues, his parallax ring fell off, and while he put it back on, he didn't have time to do it accurately, despite that he still went on to shoot a very good score, his newly floated barrel on his Hammerli AR20 has proven to be a real winner.

Match Winner
55/60 David Slade FWB P70FT B&L 6-24 JSB 8.4

World Class
55/60 David Slade FWB P70FT B&L 6-24 JSB 8.4
49/60 Cliff Smith TM 1000 BSA 10-50 AA 8.4
48/60 David Brown Hammerli AR20 FT Bushnell 8-32 JSB 8.4

Open Class
54/60 Danny Ayres TM 1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.4
48/60 Roz Sumpter TM 1000 Aeon 8-32 AA 8.4
45/60 Sandra Rutterford TM 1000 Aeon 10-40 AA 10.3
41/60 Jim Baumann MFR Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
40/60 Jeff Hale HM 1000 Alaskan Guide AA 10.3
39/60 Pat O'Brien TM 1000 Nikko 10-50 JSB 8.4
33/60 Tim Thomas TM 1000 Sightron 10-50 JSB 10.3

Hunter Class
53/60 Charles Garvey FWB P70 FT Bushnell JSB 10.3
32/60 Bill Liebko TM 1000 Millet 4-16 AA 10.3 "

A few more pictures here:
http://s185.photobucket.com/user/ftnationals/library/Invicta%206-13-2015?sort=2&page=1

John