• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Invicta FTC (Minor Hill, TN) June 2023 Match Results

Posted for David Slade:

INVICTA JUNE MATCH REPORT 2023

Weather looked promising and a decent turnout made it out to compete in our usual tough course.

I had managed to lose my cellphone while mowing the course a week before, and even after searching with my wife and grandkids, and then a three and a half hour search using a metal detector (many thanks to David Brown for that) I failed to find it, so off to buy a new phone – cut to the morning of the match, and Grant’s son Gray, strolls up to me and cheerfully hands me my old phone! Apparently it was just laying on the ground, I swear I had looked at a dozen times in that very same place! I am thrilled he found it, I now have all the pictures of my grandkids that I had failed to save to the cloud! Thanks again Gray, I really appreciate it. Its a new Nokia, and of course even with it being rained on twice it started up right away and was still half charged! My sinus infection didn’t help my score at all, but still glad I made it out to play.

Anyway, onto the match, we had eleven people come out, and three of them all shot the same top score, but in separate classes, so no single top score of the match, however I should point out that Brad was using his 30 year old HW97, and still got the joint top score! The wind turned out out be a challenge, certainly for me! We also had two separate ties that were decided by a coin toss, it was starting to really get quite hot at that point!

Hope to see everyone soon, it was a blast!

David Slade

World Class

52/60 Danny Ayers Thomas March 10-60 JSB 8.4
43/60 David Slade Steyr LG110 Nikko 10-50 AA 8.4
37/60 Stan Kalojanov AA Pro Target Sightron 10-50 AA 8.4
34/60 Grant Summerlin Chutzpah 9015 Sightron 10-50 AA 8.4

World Class Piston

52/60 Brad Troyer HW97 Falcon x50 JSB 8.44

Open Class

52/60 Bill Ellis Thomas Sightron 10-50 JSB 13.4
49/60 Cliff Smith TM 1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
49/60 Mike Wright Thomas Sightron 10-50 JSB 13.4
46/60 Jeff Hail TM 1000 Aeon 10-40 AA 10.3

Hunter Class

14/60 Gray Summerlin Daystate Air Wolf Vector 10-40 AA 10.3
14/60 Brent Browning Maximus Athlon JSB 8.4

"affiliated with" well, both Martin and Sondra support folks shooting FT and I have seen more than one RAW used thier, and the GOB, and .... And they are indeed in the same town (no stop light so some people do know each other). All the old TVA folks shoot there also as well as the occasional shooter from your area and ......
David Slade (airgunwerks) would be listed as the club president. In FT everyone pretty well seems to know everyone. You can always contact : https://www.invictaftc.org/contact.html if you need some info.

John

Reactions: wx4p