• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Invicta FTC (Minor Hill, TN) August 2023 Match Result

Posted for David Slade:

AUGUST INVICTA FIELD TARGET MATCH 2023

It was a dark and stormy …. morning? Despite the threat of thunder and rain, twelve brave competitors made it out to play on the Invicta course, JD came from Eastern Tennessee, Mark from Oklahoma came over, so about a 5 ½ hour drive, and of course Ray made the journey from Mississippi! I think Mark won the furthest to travel award, and oh, he also got top score of the match!

Humidity was crazy, it was a serious sweat box scenario, I drank five pints of water during the match, it was ALL sweated out! Talking about sweating out, Brad, as usual came out early and helped clear and set the course, this time another tree had fallen in lane four and five since I mowed a few days earlier, luckily he had made some wooden stands and donated them to the club, and it worked perfectly so the roadrunner would still be usable, and he chopped limbs off the tree so we could shoot lane five too. He doesn’t do it for the limelight, he is just committed to helping the club and is just an all round round good guy! Saying that, the Troyer rating was around 37+….. insert evil laugh...

The wind did start to pick up towards the end of the match, and as it was seriously overcast all day, the far targets were pretty dark, and when everyone made it up the hill the rain did start to fall, but it was good for me, it was washing the heat off me! I had an equipment issue making my rifle shoot eight clicks high, took me way too long to figure that out, Brad also had equipment/pellet issues, never a good time to discover that at a match! Hope to see you all at the next one!

God Bless
David Slade

Match Winner

52/60 Mark Welker TM1000 Sightron 10-50 FX 10.3

Hunter Class

52/60 Mark Welker TM1000 Sightron 10-50 FX 10.3

20/60 Brett Browning HW100 Athlon 6-24 @ 16x Baraccuda Match 10.6

19/60 Gray Summerlin Air Wolf? Vector ? AA 10.3?

9/60 Winston Summerlin ? ? ?

Open Class

50/60 JD Garland BM500 Sightron 10-50 FX 10.3

49/60 Mike Wright Thomas Sightron 10-50 JSB 10-50

46/60 Ray Barnett TM1000 Aeon 10-40 FX 10.3

37/60 Bill Ellis Thomas Sightron 10-50 JSB 13.4

World Class

49/60 Danny Ayers Thomas March 10-60 JSB 8.4

44/60 David Slade Steyr LG110 Nikko 10-50 JSB 8.4

42/60 Brad Troyer Ripley AR5S Sightron 10-50 JSB 8.4

34/60 Grant Summerlin Anschutz ? ?