Introduction

Welcome Crowflys, glad you're here. PCP is a slippery slope; many have fallen far and wouldn't change a thing! Air reservoir bottles on guns are visually inspected by owners, nothing formal required, regardless of usage. Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) tanks, like firefighters use, need official testing every five years, to be filled by outside sources, as long as they haven't maxed out service life. WM

@crowflys Welcome to the forums. Another warning on the slippery slope that is PCP's. I suggest looking at break barrel or springers first. No support equipment needed, only some pellets and soup cans. Multi pumpers are also nice but you guessed it, lots of pumps.

Weihrauch, air Arms, Cometa, Gamo all have nice rifles that are a hoot to shoot. Youtube is your friend! I have several Weihrauchs, Airguns of Arizona is the authorized dealer. Nice vendor, highly recommended.

I used to live in Kansas City. Lenexa Cook Off, Rosedales on Southwest Traffic Way, BB's, Go Chicken Go!, Strouds and their divine pork chops. Some of the best BBQ ever resides in Kansas City. Could go for some burnt ends, a pile of beans and some PBR from Rosedales, yum!

Reactions: crowflys
Welcome to AGN
PCP'S and the gear can be overwhelming and expensive! I would suggest doing some research on the type of air gun shooting you want to do, and then look for an air gun that fits into that area. There is alot of information and choices that you will need to make, take your time, and do your own research based on your needs. This forum is a great source of information for your research. From the search bar to interacting with members you will gain knowledge.

I had forgot about the mercantile I think I purchased my first .44 army there. I'll swing by and see what they have. As for my needs, PEST control, squirrels are way to thick around my house, chewing wiring up on vehicles, lawn mowers and my camper ( yea I know too much crap). Also ground hogs have started working their way up from a back lot, could use my .22s but have houses in eye site. Thanks for all the help

Welcome to the forum.
I might get some hate for this but oh well. I always looked at Gamo’s and similarly priced airguns as training wheels for airgunning, I guess you could call it entry level. Some of them shoot pretty accurate within a certain distance, like 25 yards or less, for the most part. And if they get the job done for you, all the better. For me, my hobbies aren’t the typical rabbit hole, they’re more like a sink hole that swallows a tractor trailer. You may have done your training wheels with the Beeman and are ready to commit and do the next leap and go top tier springer (unless you already are thinking PCP). From my reading here on the forum, if you want to buy once cry once, you might want to consider an Air Arms or Weirauch springers. IMO they are really great, there may be some others too but that’s what I have picked up here and have one of each and am very pleased with both.

Your budget will dictate where you will, or want to end up.
Good luck and good shooting.

excellent I'll check the price on those and look them up on the utube
Watch who you put faith in on youtube. I consider AGN as “real world”, not potentially paid reviewers. Remember, even the Ford Pinto and Chevy Vega was “Car Of The Year” at one time in the pre-youtube world.

Welcome Crowflys, I too reside in Mo.
Not too far from you as well, you probably pass my house if you go down I-49 to the lakes down south.
I've own plenty of springer as a kid and PCP as an adult and bought a lot of items from everyone here on this AGN thread.

From pass experiences, the best budget PCP, I would say are the Avenger or Marauder line up if you're looking to get into the PCP world.
As for glass, can't go wrong with the Arken scopes.

Just my 2 cents, but welcome aboard.

Reactions: crowflys