Introduction / New Member

Good Day all, New member here but not new to the shooting sports. Active shooter for close to 60 years, life long Hunter, Fisherman and Fur Trapper. Hunt, Fish and Trap pretty much all species in and around Michigan and fresh water fishing, prefer fly fishing for the fishing part. These hobbies fill our freezer, our pantry and pay for treats. Been a PCP shooter since 2008, still shoot my BSA R-10 in .22 multiple times a week. Absolutely rain down on Starlings and English Sparrows as an enjoyable pastime. I push my R-10 out to some very respectable distance, w/ an Element Optics Nexus scope, JSB 15.89 grain pellets. Have a new FX M3 Impact Sniper on order. Thanks to Jeff at Trenier Outdoors for pointing me in this direction. Been lurking around for a spell, decided to join in on the fun. Tim

Thanks for the greetings Fella's, Nice to hear there are other fly fishermen here, something very magical about our sport. Fly fishing is very therapeutic in my opinion, it is not about catching fish (although it is), it is about the technique to do so, so much more gratifying than plunking a worm below a bobber. Shore lunch over an open fire with a trout on a stick with some lemon pepper sprinkled on is so well worth the effort. I built my own 3wt fly rod for mountain stream fishing at and above timberline and the fish are extra tasty when the creel is full because of it. My hunting and trapping adventures provide plenty of fur and feathers for tying my own flies as well. I also enjoy fishing the hard water (ice) as well as the big water (Great Lakes) and have done my fair share of spearing (fish and frogs).

As for the screen name, big classic Pontiac muscle car fan and the 69 Trans Am and GTO's are such an iconic car, so well refined, excellent curb appeal with brutal horsepower on tap. I have owned multiple classic Pontiac muscle cars over the years from stock to street brawlers to concourse show cars. Some have gone to make way for others, some are still with us, some are still on the radar. Life long passion. Lots of hobbies, so little time.

Hobbies (past and present): Shooting sports (all), fishing(all types), gigging/spearing, muscle cars/restoration/wrenching, drag racing, sky diving, martial arts as student and instructor, gardening/canning/preserves, construction, exercising/cardio/strength/endurance/agility/flexibility/speed, taxidermy, etc...enjoy scouting for wildlife for future hunts/fishing trips and adventure, definitely would not do well in a city environment.

As for the recommendation above to stock up on pellets, well ahead of your wisdom. No fear for years.