Introducing the Western Airguns Rattler .35 - NOW IN STOCK!!!

Let's hope there's a visionary magitian that get to figure out how to make the Rattler look atractive.... .. Hopping for an extreme makeover like the one made on the Evol Paradigm.
Mine arrives tomorrow. I would like to actually try and strip out 2 pounds of weight as it is 9.3 pounds now.

AS for experience with airguns there's not much needed with this model. No reg adjustments no magazine spring adjustments no threaded barrel change needed no slug liners it's already got a power wheel and the hammerless design simplifies the moving parts.

Now as for warranty and service you have a point of the company being new and in a possible copyright infringement lawsuit with LCS. That doesn't mean there won't be any service just that there's the possibility of bankruptcy in the future if they lose which would be a problem but well past the 1 year warranty they offer.

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
first impressions... 9.3 pounds is not that heavy. i have a BW S45 that says it's 8 pounds and the rattler feels lighter. i suppose it's the balance of the gun as the S45 was front heavy.

fit/finish top notch, smooth action magazine/levers/safetys. no rust no loose screws.

shooting 35 JSB 81g exact and it is 1MOA at 25 yards in my basement, can't go back any further.

quiet. no need for ear protection. i am indoors. compared to the BW S45 even with Hushcan suppressor i still had to wear plugs at least. rattler sounds like a whipcrack.

virtually no recoil. S45 kicked like a handgun. this feels more like a plinker. i am shooting at 2 clicks up from lowest power... the weird thing is the reviews say 12 clicks up give you max power but there doesn't seem to be a stopping point i clicked 25+ times it kept going so maybe there isn't a stop on the knob. basically it is counterclockwise and the knob is coming out so it is basically making the air chamber larger with each click for more power.

really like it so far!

Last edited:
first impressions... 9.3 pounds is not that heavy. i have a BW S45 that says it's 8 pounds and the rattler feels lighter. i suppose it's the balance of the gun as the S45 was front heavy.

fit/finish top notch, smooth action magazine/levers/safetys. no rust no loose screws.

shooting 35 JSB 81g exact and it is 1MOA at 25 yards in my basement, can't go back any further.

quiet. no need for ear protection. i am indoors. compared to the BW S45 even with Hushcan suppressor i still had to wear plugs at least. rattler sounds like a whipcrack.

virtually no recoil. S45 kicked like a handgun. this feels more like a plinker. i am shooting at 2 clicks up from lowest power... the weird thing is the reviews say 12 clicks up give you max power but there doesn't seem to be a stopping point i clicked 25+ times it kept going so maybe there isn't a stop on the knob. basically it is counterclockwise and the knob is coming out so it is basically making the air chamber larger with each click for more power.

really like it so far!
Awesome! thanks for the report.

I find with the LCS I can make the muzzle report very quiet with DonnFL, even the stock suppressor,. but find the noise from the action (right next to my own ear) is very loud. Did Western figure out how to make this quieter, or are you talking about quiet from the muzzle end?

Awesome! thanks for the report.

I find with the LCS I can make the muzzle report very quiet with DonnFL, even the stock suppressor,. but find the noise from the action (right next to my own ear) is very loud. Did Western figure out how to make this quieter, or are you talking about quiet from the muzzle end?
the whipcrack is coming from the muzzle. i don't believe there is any noise at the cheekrest unless i'm mistaken. does the noise you are referring to sound like a bull whip cracking as it is flicked? because that is the noise i am referring to. i don't hear any mechanical or rotating noise from the magazine/cheekrest area.

the whipcrack is coming from the muzzle. i don't believe there is any noise at the cheekrest unless i'm mistaken. does the noise you are referring to sound like a bull whip cracking as it is flicked? because that is the noise i am referring to. i don't hear any mechanical or rotating noise from the magazine/cheekrest area.
Is the moderator detachable?

There's not much you can do about the "whip/crack besides turn down the gun or put a suppressor on it because that my friend is the gun breaking the speed of sound.