Introducing the New FX Panthera: A Dedicated, Purpose-Built Air Rifle Made to Win Precision Rifle Competitions.

No panthera in the US in .177 maybe.
And i can also to a large degree understand that CUZ if i was American i sure as hell would not be shooting .177 in air rifles.

But at least in Denmark where i think most shooters are locked to .177 it is, but the seller also have some .22 ones for the people with the right permits, though if it was me then i would be looking at .25

If i could i would:
Join a club even if they have no facilities for the kind of shooting i do. ( benchrest or at least rested in some way,,,, i think i could lie down and shoot like i did as a child on 200 M )
Just to be able to get permission to have a .22 for me shooting the places i have to make do with shooting as no clubs have me covered, or i think have any interest in adding new shooters / new forms of shooting.

You will need a scaffolding to set it up :))) hahaha
800mm is also extremely hold sensitive ... they are trying to compare it to 22LR but its not really probably that it will so soon to reach that.
With that "low" pressure which this gun is shooting i think this new valve is a very good job and well done from FXs engineering and i think the next step will be to get this closer to 22lr not by accuracy as it is not the bottleneck now but we the shooters.
So yeah guys you need to get closer to the 22lr but with the 130-140 bar it will not be easy. Im already impressed of this valve so Im a bit skeptic that it can get much better at same pressure. Yeah with that small bottle you are trying to keep the pressure as low as possible and now this is the way which all the manufacturers are trying to follow but we are getting to the limits. These guns with heavy slugs and low pressures combo long barrels are much harder to shoot than a 22lr. The 22lr has max CIP chamber pressure up to 1700 bars. I think I would go higher with pressure maybe 200bars (where a 300bar tank is still good with 100bar of game) or more and try to make faster/shorter work duration valves. Im not an expert for aerodynamics but not sure thats great to turn the airflow by 90 degrees from transfer port to shoot direction.

as i am igronat as to way i shall ask :) why the desire for the .177 over the .22?
For me, I have a lot of .177 pellets.
I also have some really nice FT Targets that I do not want to destroy.
My future range will be limited to approximately 75 yards and for a backstop I was planing on using the rubber Horse Mats and I am not sure how good of a backstop they would be for a high power 22? If anyone knows please tell.
Being able to shoot the heavy .177 20.5 Slugs accurately would negate the need for .22 use I think?
While I have not done this, and I will probably always keep my expensive AG's in a case, in MI with a .177 only, you do not have to have your AG in a case while transporting it. This might be handy in the SXS.
Panthera in .177and the limited number of shots is less an issue.

I think a super accurate long distance slug gun in .177 would be fun, I would like to try a FX product, maybe by spring if they are off backorder status I might try one? and or reconsider a .22?

Reactions: pan60
I am contemplating playing FT, but i have to DIY it cuz that sport ( too ) do not exist in Denmark.
But buying a couple of knock down steel targets,,,,, might happen in 2023

Shooting 13 gr slugs out of my maverick, well the 4 spinner / 1 reset spinner we have, at 70 M, well often when i flip one spinner another one fall back down.
Ideally i will want to shoot the spinner at the very top near the "arm" to impart less smack to it.
But other than that it seem like it can take it.
Anoter 2 spinner we had at 50 M, well that did not last at all, though in all fairness it was also once a trip in the lawnmower.

I will however only shoot pellets in my Vulcan 3 going forward, and i think it will be a little less powerful setup.
It is also what i will use for playing FT.

"shoot the heavy .177 20.5 Slugs accurately would negate the need for .22 use I think?" Yes if your good speed are over 1000 FPS, you will also be pushing just about 50 FP,,,,,,,, thats a lot of smacking power for a .177
I have not been able to get 16 and 20 grain to run well in either my maverick or my Vulcan 3, seem like a trwist of something else are needed.
Its not garbage but also not as accurate as i shoot 13 grainers.

As i recall my .22 Cyclone are 36 FP as PR the listing of FX Airguns.

Last edited:
as i am igronat as to way i shall ask :) why the desire for the .177 over the .22?
My question is why pick the .22 over the .25? I watched a video (I'm sorry I don't remember which one) of a man that shot the .25 Panthera out to 400 yards. First round impact too! His elevation hold was 24.5mil... I thank that's amazing giving mine with a 22lr is (or was at last match) 22.7mil.

I am contemplating playing FT, but i have to DIY it cuz that sport ( too ) do not exist in Denmark.
But buying a couple of knock down steel targets,,,,, might happen in 2023

Shooting 13 gr slugs out of my maverick, well the 4 spinner / 1 reset spinner we have, at 70 M, well often when i flip one spinner another one fall back down.
Ideally i will want to shoot the spinner at the very top near the "arm" to impart less smack to it.
But other than that it seem like it can take it.
Anoter 2 spinner we had at 50 M, well that did not last at all, though in all fairness it was also once a trip in the lawnmower.

I will however only shoot pellets in my Vulcan 3 going forward, and i think it will be a little less powerful setup.
It is also what i will use for playing FT.

"shoot the heavy .177 20.5 Slugs accurately would negate the need for .22 use I think?" Yes if your good speed are over 1000 FPS, you will also be pushing just about 50 FP,,,,,,,, thats a lot of smacking power for a .177
I have not been able to get 16 and 20 grain to run well in either my maverick or my Vulcan 3, seem like a trwist of something else are needed.
Its not garbage but also not as accurate as i shoot 13 grainers.

As i recall my .22 Cyclone are 36 FP as PR the listing of FX Airguns.
I really enjoy my FT Targets and think you would too. I am probably setting myself up for disapointement, I ordered some 20.5 slugs to see how they will group in my Uragan Compact. Appreciate the info on the slug shooting that you have tried.

My question is why pick the .22 over the .25? I watched a video (I'm sorry I don't remember which one) of a man that shot the .25 Panthera out to 400 yards. First round impact too! His elevation hold was 24.5mil... I thank that's amazing giving mine with a 22lr is (or was at last match) 22.7mil.
Should be an interesting year following NRL22 Air Rifle Division and seeing what caliber of choice the winners use.