Introducing the New FX Panthera: A Dedicated, Purpose-Built Air Rifle Made to Win Precision Rifle Competitions.

Sweet.
I am working really hard not buying any god damn thing, but there are a lot i do want to buy, but at best can only get 2 things.
Holding off i hope until one of those things to get are a really expensive thing.

Got about 1200 in the piggy bank, that need to be a lot higher before i go shopping,,,,, i think,,,,, trying really hard,,,,, but it is sooooo hard as all i have are my "toys"

On the + side shooting airguns, no matter how nice the rifle is, not really happening here in Denmark the next 3 months, eve if global warming have made things more manageable for me.

Reactions: qball
Fx 177 barrel twist rate of 1:18 is way too slow for 20 grain. You need 1:12 or 1:11 to shoot the 20 grain slugs.
MUTXKwUl.jpg

Reactions: M0ist0ne
Yes but tell that to FX, they say the 1:18 lasered onto my heavy barrel are correct, so pretty much FX sell the same thing under 2 names.

So i am out +800 Dkkr as i doubt this barrel will be better then what i got, CUZ why should it be when it is essentially the same aside for the laser brand.

The Reply i got this morning from FX Sweden.
"Hi Brian,
That liner is correct. The.177 Superior Heavy liner has twist-rate 1:18 "

So it would seem the laws of physics do not apply for the smallest caliber.

If they only listed that in the specs at Krale i would never have gotten this barrel, CUZ why would i when it is the same as what i already got.

PS. Those shots on that plate, look as if some of them came in sideways,,,,, thats no good.

My prediction is that if FX wants to make an airgun that will shoot heavy .177cal slugs well, they will have to re-think their barrel rifling profile and twist. The .177 is apparently a tricky one to get to shoot well pressing the rifling from outside leaving a lindentments in a spiral form inside .
Just remember it is feasible to make a .177cal barrel that will shoot will with heavy lead slugs....its just a matter of price..

Reactions: mercado
My prediction is that if FX wants to make an airgun that will shoot heavy .177cal slugs well, they will have to re-think their barrel rifling profile and twist. The .177 is apparently a tricky one to get to shoot well pressing the rifling from outside leaving a lindentments in a spiral form inside .
Just remember it is feasible to make a .177cal barrel that will shoot will with heavy lead slugs....its just a matter of price..
Like machine a LW barrel to fit in there? 😁

Allen

Reactions: rigbymauser
Badass...long ranger. I know that this is a benchrest rifle and has the have some weight, but why does a skeletonized airgun weigh 8+ Lbs naked?

Also, what's with the "dealer has to change calibers" not the user? Warranty issue? Too complex? Dangerous? Is that even realistic to send in your rifle for a caliber change?
8 pounds naked is on the heavy side.

Reactions: fe7565
Waiting for the incremental sales upgrade list to come out. 🤣

While I appreciate that it can be made to balance, there's probably close to a couple hundred dollars of MDT chassis weights on most of the marketing material with the rifle balancing on an obstacle.

Imagine there is a bag rider accessory that will be for sale. Heard talk of internal rail weights.

Looking forward to seeing how much extra I'll have to spend! 😁

#showmehowtospendmymoney

Last edited:
Also, what's with the "dealer has to change calibers" not the user? Warranty issue? Too complex? Dangerous? Is that even realistic to send in your rifle for a caliber change?

I have a feeling it has something to do with the design of the barrel and the plenum arrangement. There are many people that shouldn't be working on any high pressure units, so if changing calibers requires removing the plenum to get to the barrel retention system there is some hazard there. It is simple, if you want to tinker and swap around calibers then go with an Impact. There are MANY guns out there that you can't change calibers on, so view this one as the same.

Though lets be honest as well..... I am sure before to long there will be a video of removing things and changing calibers

Reactions: fe7565
Waiting for the incremental sales upgrade list to come out. 🤣

While I appreciate that it can be made to balance, there's probably close to $200 of MDT chassis weights on most of the marketing material with the rifle balancing on an obstacle.

Imagine there is a bag rider accessory that will be for sale. Heard talk of internal rail weights.

Looking forward to seeing how much extra I'll have to spend! 😁

#showmehowtospendmymoney
You know if money is a issue, lead is heavier than brass. Just get a bunch of stick-on wheel weights!

Allen

Badass...long ranger. I know that this is a benchrest rifle and has the have some weight, but why does a skeletonized airgun weigh 8+ Lbs naked?

Pretty sure it’s designed more for PRS then just bench rest. Which is using all sorts of props. A heavy gun to balance is really necessary for these kind of events.

70 dollars for few oz of MDT weights is just ridiculous!!! I do have some cheap eBay fishing weights in route to fix that! LOL

8lb gun is NOT all that heavy, heavy in FX standards but all those “built like a tank” guns are NOT far behind!
They should have taken the 'D' out and made it MT meaning 'EMPTY' as you will have no more money after buying a full set of these weights...

Allen

• Haha
.177 Heavy liners were just put into production and we haven't had the chance to test them yet. We'll update the website when we get that info. Better to leave it out then guess right? :)
hello, will the rifle also be available with 16 joules? I'm looking for a new rifle for Field Target. I would like to use it for that.

Greetings Silvio