Introducing the New FX Panthera: A Dedicated, Purpose-Built Air Rifle Made to Win Precision Rifle Competitions.

Just when I had decided I didn’t need any more high power PCPs… I really like this rifle so far. I have only watched one of these videos, but I know how I’m spending the rest of my lunch hour.

I like the new technology idea, as they continue to bring out new things. I like that it is meant to be different and won’t be something for everyone. These rifles can get confusing to choose between sometimes. I prefer the Crown over the Impact, but there are things I like about an Impact. I like that they combined a few of those, but they brought some new stuff to the table. I can’t wait to see more.

Reactions: rcs9250 and tibor
A good question to all the gun manufactures making chassis style guns like the new FX Panthera... why do you design the stock with a length of pull that correctly fits a 6'6" Scandinavian male with ape arms? With adjustable length butt plates and such, we can always make the gun longer, but we have no way to make it shorter. Please start considering how the shorter people in the world might want their gun to fit, find someone that's 5'0" with shorter arms and get their opinion. What's the minimum length of pull on this stock? If it 11.5 inches or shorter, I guess I will eat crow, but I doubt it. In the US we have been cutting 2 inches off of european made wood stocks for years so they can correctly fit the youth, women, and shorter in stature men. Makes it tough to cut when it's metal and has functional components included in the stock.

A good question to all the gun manufactures making chassis style guns like the new FX Panthera... why do you design the stock with a length of pull that correctly fits a 6'6" Scandinavian male with ape arms? With adjustable length butt plates and such, we can always make the gun longer, but we have no way to make it shorter. Please start considering how the shorter people in the world might want their gun to fit, find someone that's 5'0" with shorter arms and get their opinion. What's the minimum length of pull on this stock? If it 11.5 inches or shorter, I guess I will eat crow, but I doubt it. In the US we have been cutting 2 inches off of european made wood stocks for years so they can correctly fit the youth, women, and shorter in stature men. Makes it tough to cut when it's metal and has functional components included in the stock.
FX will provide an FX anglegrinder to shorten stocks...:LOL

I am only 5ft 7" and can easly shoot with shotguns that has 14½-15" stocklength. It depends how the gun pitch.

I also find it funny, though it is nothing new.
In the provided papers / specs, there is mentioned shot count and power in all calibers but .177
for .177 it just say " 4,5 (.177) N/A "
panthera.png

Making me thing yet again that .177 is just a after thought and something no one care about.

If they cant bother ,just throw a panther across kattegatt to me in Denmark and i will do the .177 shot count and speeds power can be deducted from.

Reactions: Silvio
The AMP regs been able to be turned down under pressure for years.
I know and i have done that too myself, but you still need to fire off a few shots in between adjustments to level things out.
IMO a proper regulator like say on a welder ASO, you just turn up or down to the set value and off you go.

I have just put a Huma regulator in my Maverick.

Oring count--how many and how many are involved with the around-the-barrel plenum? Curious to seeing the schematics--I will shoot matches when it's below 0 and that can cause rubber to go psssst when it's that cold and it's a 3-5 hour match. Which leads me to my next question...

Imagine the community will figure out how to disassemble one--but I'm seeing notes that caliber changes will have to be done by a dealer? Suppose this will be a warranty voiding situation if I elect to disassemble the rifle on my own?

I also find it funny, though it is nothing new.
In the provided papers / specs, there is mentioned shot count and power in all calibers but .177
for .177 it just say " 4,5 (.177) N/A "
panthera.png

Making me thing yet again that .177 is just a after thought and something no one care about.

If they cant bother ,just throw a panther across kattegatt to me in Denmark and i will do the .177 shot count and speeds power can be deducted from.
.177 Heavy liners were just put into production and we haven't had the chance to test them yet. We'll update the website when we get that info. Better to leave it out then guess right? :)

FX will provide an FX anglegrinder to shorten stocks...:LOL

I am only 5ft 7" and can easly shoot with shotguns that has 14½-15" stocklength. It depends how the gun pitch.
Shotguns aren't rifles. Your eyes do not need to be reasonably close to a sighting system to shoot a shotgun. Start stretching your neck to get your eye close enough to rifle sights (scopes or peep sights) and it becomes uncomfortable real quick. I am pointing out it doesn't make sense to have an adjustable length of pull when only the top 5% of people by height will have it longer than its shortest length of 14.5 inches. Make the shortest length 11.5 inches, and if the giants need it longer, sell them extension rods to make it longer for them.

Anschutz only managed to figure this out after one of their sponsored shooters sent back their latest and greatest stock and said "I can't use this, it's too long, it doesn't fit". Kind of a poor selling point if one of the top rifle shooters in the world (at the time) refused to use the latest tech because they engineered it for people of average size and larger. Last I checked, that leaves about 50% of people it won't fit, because in this case there is no recourse to shorten the stock to fit them.

Just amazing how FX copy the Artemis M30 and the Artemis P18 and call it new and revolutionary😂😂😂
They seem like different rifles. The Art's have a reservoir, but it's not the same as the plenums. If, from what I have seen and read if it fills equally back gives you back the same exact balance, you won't see a POI shift like you do with just a simple reservoir that has changed in its pressure (changing the balance of the gun)