Introducing the FX Maverick

Got my Maverick Sniper in .22 yesterday and, yep, it's pretty awesome. Going to mount my Ares on it today and head up north on Saturday for some 100yd shooting fun. Can't wait!!!

Now, having the Maverick as well as the 3 other FX models (Impact, MKIII and Dreamline) it has evolved from, I might be able to answer some questions. 

20201202_131456.1607014697.jpg

Patrick

Patrick will the wika gauges fit where the Maverick gauges are located. Does wika or huma make gauge that size?

Yes they will fit. Same size and depth.

[[ Edit: My bad, they are not the same size. Maverick's are 23mm and the new Impact and Wika are 28mm. ]]

Patrick

My opinion there may be a little difference because the Maverick like the Wildcat uses linkage to reach the block at the rear. The impact doesn't. I haven't shot my Maverick yet but i have a MKII Wildcat and have shot the Impact I'm no expert by any means but I couldn't really tell any difference. I think FX and their bull-pup design have pretty much perfected trigger linkage.

This looks like the last airgun one would ever "need".

I'm fairly new to the sport, shooting daily for about a year. I'm still learning and have a LONG way to go. I'm in my Umarex Gauntlet Hajimoto modded stage right now and fairly happy with it. I'd love to own something like an HW100 kt in the near future, but THIS looks like an airgun on a whole new level.

I would imagine that this is like a luxury car ; once you go luxury you can never go back. 

This looks like the last airgun one would ever "need".

I'm fairly new to the sport, shooting daily for about a year. I'm still learning and have a LONG way to go. I'm in my Umarex Gauntlet Hajimoto modded stage right now and fairly happy with it. I'd love to own something like an HW100 kt in the near future, but THIS looks like an airgun on a whole new level.

I would imagine that this is like a luxury car ; once you go luxury you can never go back.

That's what happened to me . Moved from Springers to a Benjamin Marauder PCP then my first FX a Wildcat MKII a Dreamline Field Target then hit the timing just right and scored a .25 Maverick Sniper before everyone sold out. Yea I think this one is going to set a new standard. 

Anyone have any opinions on why if any the Impact would be better than the Maverick ?

Safety is at the trigger, MUCH bigger mag, left hand compatibility, valving might be a little bigger/better but I think the biggest difference is the ability to adjust valve travel to fine tune speed and efficiency. Given how good maverick has been from some of the videos the difference might be splitting hair or nice to have not must have. It would be interesting to see what the next gen/redesigned impact would be. Exciting time for airgunners. 

@qball, A good reply I agree with. The 68 Whisky video was a good one talking about the tuning. They still admittedly took 4 to 5 shots before the groups shot that was discouraging for a dual reg that should be eliminating creep as the main purpose for the new design. I know "settling the reg(s)", but I can do that with the Impact, too. I also noticed the shots taken were straight on with chin placement. I haven't seen any videos with a chin dealing with the mag sticking up in the chin area. I really think the scope used will be critical with the eye relief if a lefty wants one of these. My new Element Titan may be the answer to get around this issue, but I can't gamble like that myself. Maybe one of the videos will address this. I prefer the safety to be like the Marauder's safety placement. It's so easy to access, and gives a quick answer to where it is set without looking for it. Many don't like that placement for some reason but I certainly do.

Very good points @triggertreat on the eye relief! I totally forgot about that actually, given the list of accessories you can add to the impact chassis one can EASILY extend the stock and avoid the mag, granted the cocking lever can’t be changed as of yet though. My vortex had such long eye relief I had to mount it all the way forward on my impact. The titan should also have close to 4 inches of eye relief similar to my vortex (3.74 vs 3.8) you can easily use saber tactical rear stock very comfortably. Most high quality scopes are usually very close to or right at 4 inches of eye relief. Com to think of it the mag for the lefties can be leveraged as quick eye position guide! Adjust your scope position so your chin just touches the mag then you can quickly bring it to aim for perfect parallax! I put one of my kids bumpy sticker on the cheek rest for eye position guided or reference point.

one thing about the safety I like to add is even though it’s in a terrible location I prefer not to use safety by not cocking the gun to begin with so it won’t be able to shoot regardless which is safer. For me it’s not a deal breaker, I really don’t see many people complain about safety locations on taipan, uragan, crickets....basically ALL other bullpups except for impact!

personally I bought the compact maverick as an upgrade to my dream-tac compact, definitely not replacing the impact. We are a spoiled bunch aren’t we? Long lives the Impact! LOL