Introducing the FX Maverick

I don’t know if I missed it but, do the Impact barrels and shroud fit the Maverick? I read the Maverick has the Wildcat barrel shroud which has a small diameter.

any input about this!

Renz

As I understand it, the barrel liner and sleeve are interchangeable but the shrouds are different. One should fit but the other not so keenly.

I don’t know if I missed it but, do the Impact barrels and shroud fit the Maverick? I read the Maverick has the Wildcat barrel shroud which has a small diameter.

any input about this!

Renz

As I understand it, the barrel liner and sleeve are interchangeable but the shrouds are different. One should fit but the other not so keenly.

That sucks! It would be nice if we can use the FX Impact barrels on the Maverick. 😏

Renz

As far as the "left handed" comments go I am a lefty myself, having just bought a left handed WILDCAT MKIII, it was supplied with a reversed cheekpiece and the very small magazine that was originally with the STREAMLINE, so it works fine for leftys as long as you don't mind the smaller mag capactity!

Is the cocking lever on the left side?

Goodness thank not! only right handers should want the cocking lever on the left side!

That's okay if you only shoot from the bench, but I use my guns in the field. Removing my right hand from the fore end to cock the rifle would cause me to lose my sight picture. Not good when needing a follow up shot.

Yes apologies that is correct cae, we are working on reversing the cocking system at the moment on the WCMKIII, we have drawn it and agreed it can be done we will just make a new block, I will send you some pictures when it's done, remind me in a couple of weeks.

Hello, 1st time posting. New to this technology and have been following all this year during these unfortunate times. I hope all of you are well.

I pre-ordered, waited and received an Fx Wildcat Mk3 and a Fx Impact MK2 compact, both .22 and both 500mm barrel. Having said that my opinions are my own and hope to get some insight on my concerns, even though they might be premature, given the Maverick is just out and no one can really testify to it's longevity.

My thoughts on this Maverick (even though I'm hoping it's a game changer) are as follows;

1- Per the manual, my Wildcat MK3 states not to exceed 160bar and 170bar with my impact MK2. 

I believe all would agree that one would not want to max out the reg and pre-maturely wear out the reg/o-rings, etc. 

2- If 160-170 bar is maxed out, why in the world would we want a constant 170 bar on the first reg?

3- What happens if the first reg fails? Is it in for service? Or does the second reg pick up the pressure and feed the plenum just like the impact?

I guess my point is that I don't see the Maverick doing anything other then what I can do with my impact, with the possibility of a greater shot count.

Hello, 1st time posting. New to this technology and have been following all this year during these unfortunate times. I hope all of you are well.

Full disclosure, I pre-ordered, waited and received an Fx Wildcat Mk3 and a Fx Impact MK2 compact, both .22 and both 500mm barrel. Having said that my opinions are my own and hope to get some insight on my concerns, even though they might be premature, given the Maverick is just out and no one can really testify to it's longevity.

My thoughts on this Maverick (even though I'm hoping it's a game changer) are as follows;

1- Per the manual, my Wildcat MK3 states not to exceed 160bar and 170bar with my impact MK2. 

Having said that, I believe all would agree that one would not want to max out the reg and pre-maturely wear out the reg/o-rings, etc. 

2- If we give the 160-170 bar as a standard for these regs, why in the world would we want a constant 170 bar on the first reg?

3- What happens if the first reg fails? Is it in for service? Or does the second reg pick up the pressure and feed the plenum just like the impact?

I guess my point is that I don't see the Maverick doing anything other then what I can do with my impact, with the possibility of a greater shot count.

Upto a point, the maximum setting pressure of the reg would be down to the washer stack, how many washers mainly and then how they were stacked, one can only presume that the MAVERICK has a stack designed to operate at the pressures Ernest etc. have on their videos and how to tune the gun.

Got my Maverick Sniper in .22 yesterday and, yep, it's pretty awesome. Going to mount my Ares on it today and head up north on Saturday for some 100yd shooting fun. Can't wait!!!

Now, having the Maverick as well as the 3 other FX models (Impact, MKIII and Dreamline) it has evolved from, I might be able to answer some questions. 

20201202_131456.1607014697.jpg

Patrick

How is the accuracy of the pressure gauges on the Maverick? Previous FX models have had poor gauge accuracy. And a lot of buyers, we have had to swap the gauges with either huma, wika etc. Have FX finally attended to this issue with this new PCP?

Both the new gauges came reading "around" 125bar. I have a Benjamin Traveler compressor that is set to 250bar. As you would expect when the compressor didn't shut off after passing 250bar on the Maverick FX gauge I get a little nervous, but I am confident in my compressor setting because in fact I changed out the black face FX gauges on the Impact(for the same inaccuracy issues)for Wika gauges and it shuts off @250bar +-5 reading. I continued to monitor the Maverick and it finally shut off at a gauge reading of 275bar, So no, the gauge accuracy has not been addressed. After taking a mag worth of test shots the second FX reg. gauge settled in @ 110bar. Not sure if that is a real or close reading, but it is a reference point. I'm going to let things settle in with a day of shooting and then measure, test and adjust for projectiles. I think I'll take the Wika's off the Impact and put them on the Maverick to see the difference in readings with the "factory settings" I will also compare readings against my Joe Brancato SCBA 2.5" gauge setup.

More to follow. Shoot straight.

Patrick

Got my Maverick Sniper in .22 yesterday and, yep, it's pretty awesome. Going to mount my Ares on it today and head up north on Saturday for some 100yd shooting fun. Can't wait!!!

Now, having the Maverick as well as the 3 other FX models (Impact, MKIII and Dreamline) it has evolved from, I might be able to answer some questions. 

20201202_131456.1607014697.jpg

Patrick

Patrick will the wika gauges fit where the Maverick gauges are located. Does wika or huma make gauge that size?