Introducing the FX Impact M3

Wow guys? Some of You actually think when you buy a airgun no matter who makes it FX.Daystate. Air arms. Etc. you expect the dealer to trade you for the new model when it comes out? Especially when you used it? Fact is you can ask around and find out if any new models are coming out that might help! But the Manufactures usually don't give much details to the dealers because of there competitors. Am amazed at how childish this sounds I get it but I dont bitch about it am happy when new stuff comes out I love to see updates. Then you have guys who bitch because the don't make the new models compatible so they can switch a few parts and have the same gun for a couple hundred more hahaha how will the manufacture make money? If they did this I never did like a Frankenstein built airgun. Stop crying and sell your airgun someone will pay you and then buy the newer one that's what I do and it makes the world a better place. PS I love my M3 and yes it cost me a bit more but it's my hobby so what the heck.

This. Remove head from ass, it's been 2 yrs since the MK2 came out (or more) and there's been talk of the next generation of impact for months now here.

That's like buying a 2020 car in November then crying when the 2021 comes out and the dealer won't "swap ya"

Entitled I guess is a word to describe that attitude.

Not sure why people are comparing am impact to a car. Its like comparing apples to orange. Not even the same thing. Idk about trading in older impact and paying a little fee to get the m3. That depends on the dealer policy. But what fx should have done was make m3 upgrades compatible with older impacts. So impact owners can upgrade parts instead of having to spend another $2k. That was disappointing how they did this. Seem like money grab imo.

It's a complete different set up how you expect to swap parts for something that's not the same doesn't make sense if that would be the case it would be the same old gun obviously it's getting innovative updated and becoming new and different but to each his own.

M3 is a upgrade impact, its not a whole new gun. All mk1 and mk2 are parts compatible. Most mk1 owners upgraded to the mk2 without the need to spend 2k. The m3 is still a impact, but instead of making parts compatible, they went the route, let's make it not compatible so folks who want these upgrades will pay 2k instead of a few hundred for the upgrade in parts. That's how you sell more guns as a business/company. If they wanted to make parts not compatible, they should of went a different route and just make a whole new difference gun, then people won't say, why isn't my gun compatible. Or wanted to trade in their gun just to get the upgrades. I for one won't pay 2k for these upgrades when I already own a impact. 

I just saw (on the Giles video) where the M1/M2 bottles are not compatible with M3 either. Unless you replace the bottle's valve first...More money. So, this is a complete or nearly complete redesigned airgun in my view so far. I don't see a whole lot of similarities between the M2 and M3 when getting down to the details except for maybe the liners and shroud. I don't know how much has changed with the valve setup, but I bet there are changes there as well.

There's no obligation to make all parts compatible with previous models, you want to be butthurt about it that's on you. This isn't just an updated model, has some differences in the block etc. Having to keep the same block for all models is handcuffing innovation.

An M3 over a MK2 or 1 is an option, a want not a need. A modded Mk2 can make more than advertised power of the M3, uses the same barrels and magazines. What. Is. The. Problem.

There's no obligation to make all parts compatible with previous models, you want to be butthurt about it that's on you. This isn't just an updated model, has some differences in the block etc. Having to keep the same block for all models is handcuffing innovation.

An M3 over a MK2 or 1 is an option, a want not a need. A modded Mk2 can make more than advertised power of the M3, uses the same barrels and magazines. What. Is. The. Problem.

I agree with this. It is simply ridiculous to complain about a manufacturer because they introduce a new product and it is sufficiently different that one cannot upgrade the old model JSB by purchasing a few parts. That’s like saying nothing should ever change in any material way, because then we can’t upgrade. Frankly I am just happy that my barrel kits will work if I decide to move on up to the M3.

I just saw (on the Giles video) where the M1/M2 bottles are not compatible with M3 either. Unless you replace the bottle's valve first...More money. So, this is a complete or nearly complete redesigned airgun in my view so far. I don't see a whole lot of similarities between the M2 and M3 when getting down to the details except for maybe the liners and shroud. I don't know how much has changed with the valve setup, but I bet there are changes there as well.

It seems like it's just a small brass sleeve/bushing that you can take off your M3 tank's valve pin, and slip it on to your non-M3 FX tank. Not a new/different tank valve.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/when-mk-ii-mk-ii-m3/#post-984859

It seems like it's just a small brass sleeve/bushing that you can take off your M3 tank's valve pin, and slip it on to your non-M3 FX tank. Not a new/different tank valve.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/when-mk-ii-mk-ii-m3/#post-984859

Good to know! I didn't get that out of the Giles video. Thanks!

The rear shoulder pad is different. The power plenum is different. The power wheel is different. the hammer spring adjustment is different. The trigger is different. The action block is different. The valve adjustment is different. The reg is new. the bottle is different. The fill pressure is different. The cocking handle is different. There is now a left-hand cocking lever that is different. The rail is different. The accessories are different. It's a new gun as far as I am concerned that has a very similar looking platform as the previous model. I am thankful that at least one can still use their same liners, but the new liners are different and the liner housings are also different with now having dual ports that are different. One can swap a part or two to the old gun, but they are different. Not sure why this is so hard to see, except for the fact that it does resemble the older model from a far.

A lot of the bits from the M3 go on the mk2 no problem, this is my mk2 with the bits off my m3 on, it's the sub 12 so doesn't have the big plenum or the thumb wheel

IMG_4053.1619279878.JPG
IMG_4052.1619279907.JPG