Introducing the FX Impact M3

Is this m3thing an ongoing advertisement? Why is it preceding other information always when newer posts are being posted?

Is this a real thread or a copy of some computer keeping us entertained while we write about air rifles?

Pretty sure it is a computer generated advertisement.

It's all "Fake News". The Impacts are far better than they are claiming.

I recently spoke with a gentleman from Utah Air, and said that the .30 cal M3 does not come with the dual hole transfer port that the other calibers do, and suggested I get the Huma upgraded one, along with the Neilson pellet probe with threaded pin so that I can swap easier when changing over from pellets to slugs. I can't find any specific info online about the transfer port online that specifically said this, so I agreed to purchase it, but I just wanted to double check here and see with those that possibly did get their rifles already if this is true or not. The three types of ammo I planned to swap between are the 50.02 grain pellets and hybrid slugs from FX, as well as the 50.5 grain slugs from Neilson. I'm hoping I was not misled here.

The wait is killing me, I find myself looking for items to buy as a sort of retail therapy while waiting for mine to come in. 

Jerry

Jerry, UA is referring to aftermarket accessories. You can pickup a Huma dual port transfer port for more flow if you feel you need more flow for higher output. Pin probes allow you to adjust the seating depths of flat or cup based slugs/pellets. They also allow for more airflow by having a smaller footprint inside the transfer port.

I have a Huma dual TP for my .30 cal, but don't see the need to install it being I can already hit above 100 FPE with a single port that has been enlarged just slightly in an oval shape. The dual ports do have a bridge between the ports so being a larger port doesn't allow pellets and slugs to dip into the larger ports and get damaged when passing over the large port. I also just opened up my FX probe a little more instead of opting for an after market pin probe. A lot of aftermarket options for these guns if you have the pockets for them and desire them.

The M3 doesn't come with a dull transfer port I have one in .30cal and I took it off the single hole 🕳 and got a Ernest Rowe dull transfer port. I also am having a custom pin probe made. It's true all the other calibers come dull but not the 30cal in M3. You can go to 910 airguns site and find what your looking for.

Jerry, UA is referring to aftermarket accessories. You can pickup a Huma dual port transfer port for more flow if you feel you need more flow for higher output. Pin probes allow you to adjust the seating depths of flat or cup based slugs/pellets. They also allow for more airflow by having a smaller footprint inside the transfer port.

I have a Huma dual TP for my .30 cal, but don't see the need to install it being I can already hit above 100 FPE with a single port that has been enlarged just slightly in an oval shape. The dual ports do have a bridge between the ports so being a larger port doesn't allow pellets and slugs to dip into the larger ports and get damaged when passing over the large port. I also just opened up my FX probe a little more instead of opting for an after market pin probe. A lot of aftermarket options for these guns if you have the pockets for them and desire them.

Thank you both for the replies, I ordered the rifle and the aftermarket parts from Utah, the person I spoke with said that they would install and verify it's all working before it leaves. To my understanding, I will only need to swap out the Neilson pellet pin since it threads in and out in the field if I plan to switch form pellets to slugs without taking apart the back portion of the rifle. 

I just saw (on the Giles video) where the M1/M2 bottles are not compatible with M3 either. Unless you replace the bottle's valve first...More money. So, this is a complete or nearly complete redesigned airgun in my view so far. I don't see a whole lot of similarities between the M2 and M3 when getting down to the details except for maybe the liners and shroud. I don't know how much has changed with the valve setup, but I bet there are changes there as well.

It seems like it's just a small brass sleeve/bushing that you can take off your M3 tank's valve pin, and slip it on to your non-M3 FX tank. Not a new/different tank valve.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/when-mk-ii-mk-ii-m3/#post-984859

@FX-USA: can you confirm that the bushing on the new M3 bottles can be simply taken off and installed on our previous FX bottles to allow them to be used on the M3? I have 580cc FX bottles that I want to use with my new M3 but don't want to blow up the gun or myself doing it.

Any videos/instructions on how to get this done?

Also, any word as to when we'll be able to buy these bushings (or the entire new bottle valve as needed) to retrofit our existing bottles?

TIA

I just saw (on the Giles video) where the M1/M2 bottles are not compatible with M3 either. Unless you replace the bottle's valve first...More money. So, this is a complete or nearly complete redesigned airgun in my view so far. I don't see a whole lot of similarities between the M2 and M3 when getting down to the details except for maybe the liners and shroud. I don't know how much has changed with the valve setup, but I bet there are changes there as well.

It seems like it's just a small brass sleeve/bushing that you can take off your M3 tank's valve pin, and slip it on to your non-M3 FX tank. Not a new/different tank valve.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/when-mk-ii-mk-ii-m3/#post-984859

@FX-USA: can you confirm that the bushing on the new M3 bottles can be simply taken off and installed on our previous FX bottles to allow them to be used on the M3? I have 580cc FX bottles that I want to use with my new M3 but don't want to blow up the gun or myself doing it.

Any videos/instructions on how to get this done?

Also, any word as to when we'll be able to buy these bushings (or the entire new bottle valve as needed) to retrofit our existing bottles?

TIA

Bushing can't be removed from the new bottles to be placed on old bottles. Once they are on they're pretty much snug and on. Watch the video posted in the previous post.

We should have more bushings available from FX USA probably in two weeks (just waiting for a shipment from Sweden on restocks on these)

Fx-USA, maybe I missed it, but is the carbon fiber barrel stiffening sleeve standard from factory or is it a option that I must request? Also the harmonic barrel tuner, price?

The carbon fiber barrel sleeves do not come stock, they are an aftermarket accessory that can be used by most FX barrels. They're going to sell at $29.99. The Harmonic Barrel Tuner price is being finalized right now. Expect both to be available end of May / beginning of June.