Introducing... Team Centercut

I just realized there are photos of most of us from the TexTreme Benchrest 2020 last weekend (in the Benchrest forum), plus the photo above of Nick. But our two Oregon shooters have gotten no love since they couldn’t make it to Texas. Say hello to Carl and Dave.

Carl @oregun

6A7C1EC2-18F7-4995-B46A-A199B02D3A75.1602807300.jpeg

Dave @dwilson050

16813DEE-F740-44C6-AF59-7335C2507CD9.1602807321.jpeg

I'm proud to be part of TC! What a bunch of fun guys with each having a great sense of humor. We've had fun joking around ever since Centercut asked me if I wanted to join and then got on the teams group text.

Also these guys know about all there is to know about tuning and modifying AG's so there's a lofty knowledge base. That's quite a benefit! 

Great shots as well, guys that love airguns and competition so camaraderie and friendship abounds. 

Even got me a ZX10Wall tuned and modified Vulcan 30 cal at the Textreme owned by the man himself. That thing is accurate! 

Thanks Mike and TC for the opportunity!

Can't wait until our next match!

Go TC Go!

Steve was the last member to join, but certainly not the least. Everyone that’s seen Steve shoot knows that he’s the TC “ringer”, who could win any discipline at anytime. He made the finals at TBR in 100Y BR and barely missed in every other event. And since he’s joined TC he’s won the AZ State FT match in Freestyle and won the Pellet Division (and overall high score) of the first American Extreme Field Target match in Phoenix - with a borrowed gun! Steve says Go TC Go. We all say Go Steve Go! We all had a great time in Texas and I drove with Steve from and to Phoenix. He’s the Real Deal...

Steve was the last member to join, but certainly not the least. Everyone that’s seen Steve shoot knows that he’s the TC “ringer”, who could win any discipline at anytime. He made the finals at TBR in 100Y BR and barely missed in every other event. And since he’s joined TC he’s won the AZ State FT match in Freestyle and won the Pellet Division (and overall high score) of the first American Extreme Field Target match in Phoenix - with a borrowed gun! Steve says Go TC Go. We all say Go Steve Go! We all had a great time in Texas and I drove with Steve from and to Phoenix. He’s the Real Deal...

Quite the compliment coming from such a great shot as yourself! Thanks Bud.

I'm glad you invited me along and that I had the pleasure to get to know you a little better as well as meeting Bill. Good people!

I’m Nick aka socaloldman. Yup 79 this April. Kilt bear and caribou when I lived in Fairbanks, kilt and deer, ducks and pheasant growing up in Oregon, Dove and deer died at my hand when living in North Carolina, and Salmon, skeet and elk were dealt with in Washington. So far in California I damn near been kilt every day by some crazy ass driver. The scariest place on earth!

I woke up yesterday and was old! Hells bells man I’ve got tales to tell and little time to do it. So here goes.

I called Mike one day shortly after EBR in 2016. Introduced myself and we started shooting together. We just had some great fun laughing and slaying ground squirrels and what not. He soon became known at Squicario. Such tales he can tell, all with nary a word of mistruth. Tis myself that might embellish and take liberty on occasion.

I will tell as we go the real guts of each guy so stay tuned and pay attention a fun ride is at hand. Nick

Oops, married to Diana 57 years, three sons and one daughter. Two sons here in California, one son in Austin, Tx and my daughter in Battleground, Washington.

Three grand kids.

Squicario

The morn came creeping dewy and light

The squirrel babes were all new to this sight

From the teats all six of them hung

The seventh was the left out one.

Fed and filled with curious delight

They tumbled outside in a fun furball fight.

Mom chirped a call to be on alert

God knows we don’t want anyone hurt.

Number seven was last to eat

The other six had left the larder delete

Seven was nervous afraid to leave yet

Perhaps he might find a morsel to get.

He heard a loud sound like a beaver tail slap

Again and again within a short gap

What he saw as he peeked out over the ledge

Was a specter of terror putting him over the edge!

Numbers one through six were ripped all apart

And mom, his lunch box so dear to his heart

She was missing her top and some other part.

He peeked around and saw with a fright

A huge eye staring back with a smirk of delight.

The chirps and whistles of alert did resound

And the word Squicario was whispered around.

The messenger of death is sleek as a hound

Stay down and hidden let no light enter here

Leave the area now or live always in fear.

Nick

Hi all!

I’m Dave. Along with Carl (@oregun), I’m part of the Oregon branch of Team Centercut. About three years ago, Carl took me out for my birthday to shoot these things called airguns. Best birthday ever… also turned out to be the most expensive one as well!

I quickly became addicted and my first tournament was EBR last year where I met most of Team Centercut (and a whole lot of other really cool people).

I can’t wait for 2020 to be over with so we can get back to traveling and competing. When I’m not shooting, I’m tinkering and testing. When I’m not doing that, I’m thinking about doing that. Yep, I’m hooked!

I look forward to seeing everyone in 2021…what a great community!

EBR 2019.1603038091.jpeg

EBR 2019 - Dave and Carl (Dave on the right)

Dave Shooting.1603038149.jpg

Practice time!

Stable.1603038171.jpg

Some of the toys 😁

And, Crusher is part of the TC family. What a great bunch of guys. I had the pleasure of meeting a few more of the team at TBR. And I've met Dave and Carl from EBR last time around in 2019.

Mike and I met at 2018 EBR when we rented a house together. 

I've been shooting PCP's Since about 2003 when I bought my first gun. A Marauder .25. I've been down the rabbit hole since then :) I have a couple RAW in .177 and .22, Cricket .22, FX Crown .22 and .25 (slug gun), FX Wildcat in .177 (the unicorn) and let's not forget the Evol .30.

Fortunately, I live near one of the best tuners I know and have availed myself of his magic on several occasions. Thank you Mr. Wall!

It is a pleasure and an honor to meet and get to hang out with this group of like-minded shooters. And I have to mention our honorary member, Master Ho. He was a ton of help to us. We had a blast at TBR (Thank you so much Ron for hosting) and we hope to see/meet more of you at RMAC or EBR in the coming months.

Thank you Mike for the opportunity to hang/compete with you and the rest of TC. The rest of you, be prepared to see pics of us at the podium :) MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!!!

Crusher

Me holding Ron's Maggie. Such sweet little gal.

Maggie.1603300325.JPG

Hehehe.. well, we’re not politically correct, and we certainly aren’t WOKE but we do have three minorities and a woman (who can probably outshoot any of us)….
Wow , glad to see groups of Americans getting together to form a team based on merit. And it’s refreshing to read quotes against wokeism. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Reactions: Centercut