Introducing myself for those who may not know me

Riddict

May 3, 2024
Howdy folks, Riddict here. I'm sure some of you might know me if you are familiar with the Off The Shelf Airguns YT show. For those that aren't familiar with me, I've been an airgun collector/enthusiast for 40+ years. I don't modify my guns as I prefer to keep them stock, however I always enjoy seeing what others do! As for what I do on YT, I am not technical or deeply analytic, I'm simply an entertainer who also provides real thoughts and opinions along the way.

While I do review stuff, it's very basic in nature. I'm not one to dive deep into the numbers of things, as I gear myself towards casual viewers. I also like to add a bit of comedy to what I do in order to round out the overall vibe. My goal is to keep things as simple and entertaining as best I can. I have a range of different types of content I do, from straight forward reviews, off the wall challenges, comedy skits, holiday themed videos with skits, etc all centered around this great hobby.

I am not a technical guy by any stretch, even though I do touch on those areas. I like to leave that up to the many great folks out there who can provide the deep dive, technical aspects that the hardcore groups are looking for.

Hopefully this helps folks to better understand what I do and what my intentions are. I'm all about just having fun with the hobby in a casual, entertaining way.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome aboard. I have watched your videos, thanks for putting in your time. It’s an important segment of the market you help with your content.

I have around 20 AG’s and only 3 are in “off the shelf” configurations 😂

I have a problem, I like to tinker.

Oh it’s 4! I forgot my Huntsman Revere is out of the box stock.

Do you clean the barrels of the rifles you use before reviewing them?

Reactions: Riddict
Welcome aboard. I have watched your videos, thanks for putting in your time. It’s an important segment of the market you help with your content.

Hey, I appreciate you watching. Yes sir I always clean the barrel of any new gun I buy. I know I never really mention it or bring it up in the videos, but yes I do. I know I don't dive deep into things like a lot of folks on here are looking for, but that's one of the reasons I wanted to clear up exactly what I'm all about.

Another thing I want to address is that I pay for every gun I feature on my channel. My honest thoughts and opinions are very important to me. For full transparency I do have a sponsor, but they are not a part of the airgun industry. They are just sponsoring me simply as a content creator.

Hey nothing wrong with tinkering! I always enjoy reading about or watching videos on all sort of tinkering in this hobby. I just never go down that road myself. Very much enjoy seeing what people are doing though!

Im with ya there. To me, 75% of the fun is the tinkering part.

Riddick, I’ll go check out your videos right now.

Howdy folks, Riddict here. I'm sure some of you might know me if you are familiar with the Off The Shelf Airguns YT show. For those that aren't familiar with me, I've been an airgun collector/enthusiast for 40+ years. I don't modify my guns as I prefer to keep them stock, however I always enjoy seeing what others do! As for what I do on YT, I am not technical or deeply analytic, I'm simply an entertainer who also provides real thoughts and opinions along the way.

While I do review stuff, it's very basic in nature. I'm not one to dive deep into the numbers of things, as I gear myself towards casual viewers. I also like to add a bit of comedy to what I do in order to round out the overall vibe. My goal is to keep things as simple and entertaining as best I can. I have a range of different types of content I do, from straight forward reviews, off the wall challenges, comedy skits, holiday themed videos with skits, etc all centered around this great hobby.

I am not a technical guy by any stretch, even though I do touch on those areas. I like to leave that up to the many great folks out there who can provide the deep dive, technical aspects that the hardcore groups are looking for.

Hopefully this helps folks to better understand what I do and what my intentions are. I'm all about just having fun with the hobby in a casual, entertaining way.

Thanks for reading!
Hello and welcome . just tagged your YT site nice videos , will watch more with morning coffee .
Stan in KY.

Hey, I appreciate you watching. Yes sir I always clean the barrel of any new gun I buy. I know I never really mention it or bring it up in the videos, but yes I do. I know I don't dive deep into things like a lot of folks on here are looking for, but that's one of the reasons I wanted to clear up exactly what I'm all about.

Another thing I want to address is that I pay for every gun I feature on my channel. My honest thoughts and opinions are very important to me. For full transparency I do have a sponsor, but they are not a part of the airgun industry. They are just sponsoring me simply as a content creator.

Hey nothing wrong with tinkering! I always enjoy reading about or watching videos on all sort of tinkering in this hobby. I just never go down that road myself. Very much enjoy seeing what people are doing though!
Have you done one on the "Gamo Urban"? It is a candidate for when I go into PCP. I am most interested in the Noise.

Just saw this today. I am new to the Air gun community and have been doing lots of research with Videos etc. While researching various Models I have seen many of your Videos. Subscribed to your Channel just a few Mins ago. Keep up the good work! I like your easy to understand method, and "telling it like it is" approach.
I appreciate the kind words!

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Welcome, just watched your video on the crosman buyout. Good video, and the first guy with some real optimism on what comes next for crosman...I like it! I admit to not having been as positive about the news, but time will tell.
Thanks! Yeah I'm usually optimistic about things until they give me a reason not to be. Hopefully this works out for the better!

Reactions: Hold_Over