• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Introduce Myself

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in again and wanted to thank all of you for welcoming me to the site. I live in Huntley Illinois and if anyone is from around the area please say hi and would like to meet. Would like to pick your brain on where and who to deal with in the area. I think the FOID card is going to be a while so still reading and learning. Thanks again for everyone’s help.

John

Reactions: Someone else
Hello; I just joined this group. I am new to air gunning at this stage of my life. I grew up around guns on a farm in Minnesota where we fished and hunted upland game when we had time. I will be asking some preliminary questions as I prepare to start plinking with the two airguns I bought: The Beeman R9 Elite break barrel in the .22 cal with a scope and the Diana Airbug CO2 pistol also in the .22 cal with a red dot sight. I was wondering if 1/2 to 3/4 inch plywood would be a good backstop for these guns? I will probably have some bales of hay in front of the plywood on which to pin paper targets. Can anyone tell me about the integrity of the backstop I am suggesting? Thank you....

Reactions: Someone else
Hello; I just joined this group. I am new to air gunning at this stage of my life. I grew up around guns on a farm in Minnesota where we fished and hunted upland game when we had time. I will be asking some preliminary questions as I prepare to start plinking with the two airguns I bought: The Beeman R9 Elite break barrel in the .22 cal with a scope and the Diana Airbug CO2 pistol also in the .22 cal with a red dot sight. I was wondering if 1/2 to 3/4 inch plywood would be a good backstop for these guns? I will probably have some bales of hay in front of the plywood on which to pin paper targets. Can anyone tell me about the integrity of the backstop I am suggesting? Thank you....
It would be for a while until the pellets break thru and it will happen faster than you think. Pallets are good if you can find some because you can make double sided but I use polyester sand banks filled with dirt cheap and it takes a while before the bags get enough holes in them to replace then you just more the dirt to a new bag.