• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Intro from MS Coast

Greetings fellow Airgunners,

I grew up on the high plains of Eastern Colorado and have lived in many places since. Shot my first rabbit from my dad's lap with a Marlin .22 lever. Put away many, many prairie dogs with that rifle growing up. Retired from the Army in 2015 after 22 yrs. I've had a cheap Hatsan .25 springer since 2017 to thin out the squirrel population around the yard. It is on the heavy side and I've struggled to keep it sighted in. Started looking at PCP's in 2023 and it has been quite a slippery slope since!

-Aircuda Max .25
-Uragan 2 .25
-AF Talon SS .177
-Taipan Vet 2 Tac .25
-Taipan Vet Standard .25
-Vulcan 3 .30
-AirMaks Caiman X .22 inbound

I've taken lots more tree rats with the Vets and the Aircuda in the back yard. Also learning to play with slugs and pellets on paper. I'm limited to about 37yds in the yard and have to be cognizant of neighbors soooo......the Vulcan needs more space to wring out. I hope to get it to a proper range soon for that.

I've been directed to AGN a LOT by Google while researching this hobby and have found the amount of useful info and experience here staggering! Thank you!

Greg

@IKnowNutin Welcome to AGN!! I see that you’ve already taken the plunge. What type of fill source are you using for your PCPs.

An Army lifer, eh? If you don’t mind my asking, what was your MOS?
Thank you, sir. I'm using an Omega Supercharger to keep the rifles and a 74cu tank happy. Sounds just like our washing machine!

I retired as a 152DG. OH58D Maintenance Test Pilot. When I was enlisted I was a 19K....DAT:LOL:

Looking at the list of PCPs, you're sure not wasting time. Welcome to AGN!

BTW I'm a couple hours north of you in Laurel, and have some family on the coast near you.
It is a blast getting to know these rifles when I have the time and energy to play. The Old and new versions of Vets are neat and HEAVY in their tactical configurations. I never used scopes on my powder burners or in the Army (M4) and have been learning a lot about that stuff as well.

I've been to the hospital in Laurel several times with my job. Beautiful country to drive through in that part of the state!

Thank you for your service to the country.

Do you have one rifle that you consider your 'favorite'?
I tend to play with the Vet 2 the most so I suppose it's my favorite at the moment. It's solid, loves Hades at 890-900 fps, and the forward cocking lever is more intuitive to me than the rear lever on original Vet. I would like to swap the lever to the left side eventually however, it's a more involved task than I'm up for right now.

Greetings fellow Airgunners,

I grew up on the high plains of Eastern Colorado and have lived in many places since. Shot my first rabbit from my dad's lap with a Marlin .22 lever. Put away many, many prairie dogs with that rifle growing up. Retired from the Army in 2015 after 22 yrs. I've had a cheap Hatsan .25 springer since 2017 to thin out the squirrel population around the yard. It is on the heavy side and I've struggled to keep it sighted in. Started looking at PCP's in 2023 and it has been quite a slippery slope since!

-Aircuda Max .25
-Uragan 2 .25
-AF Talon SS .177
-Taipan Vet 2 Tac .25
-Taipan Vet Standard .25
-Vulcan 3 .30
-AirMaks Caiman X .22 inbound

I've taken lots more tree rats with the Vets and the Aircuda in the back yard. Also learning to play with slugs and pellets on paper. I'm limited to about 37yds in the yard and have to be cognizant of neighbors soooo......the Vulcan needs more space to wring out. I hope to get it to a proper range soon for that.

I've been directed to AGN a LOT by Google while researching this hobby and have found the amount of useful info and experience here staggering! Thank you!

Greg
Welcome to AGN , Stan in KY .

Welcome, I have jump wings but the one time an OH58 pilot let me try to fly that thing I felt much worse than jumping ever did.
I think we all felt like that in the beginning. They are quite sensitive to inputs and.....moving one control requires adjusting two others much of the time. Somehow it becomes intuitive over time just like a unicycle🙃

Reactions: sjs