Interesting Pellet Observation

I got a new batch of ammo in yesterday and noticed something. I have been shooting my Beeman R7 with various pellets lately and decided to try the H&N, lead-free Baracudas. I have been shooting 7 to 8 grain pellets in velocities approaching 700 fps. I figured that the six and a half grain pellet with a slightly longer body to improve ballistic coefficient might work pretty well. Upon inspecting my order, I found that the tin is labeled "for PCP rifles only." Have we gotten to this point on not taking personal responsibility. The best I can figure is that they are worried someone will put this in their 1400 fps advertised Gamo and destroy the piston in a couple of shots and blame it on the pellet. Come on people... I feel that most of the people with an airgun habit understand projectile flight and ballistics better than even a lot of hardcore powder burner enthusiasts. I wasn't buying the ammo to put it in my Vortek kit R1. I would expect some spring or piston damage akin to dry fire in no time at all if I did that. Are we to the point that we expect people to know nothing on their own when they shop for and buy products now???