• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Interested into getting a pcp pistol

Hello @ontargetnow!

You should get a lot of folks giving you some good advice but it would help if you could tell us a bit more about your requirements.
1) Caliber
2) Paper targets or pesting
3) Distance you plan to shoot most
4) And a budget always helps

I enjoy shooting my pistols as much and maybe more than my rifles.

ThomasT

Unless you want an entirely unwieldy pistol, you generally can have shot count or power, but not both. I have a regulated PCP pistol that is fairly compact, but it only puts out 6 fpe. Great for small game coup-de-grace or shots inside 10 yards.

The parameters that Thomas laid out will help you get better suggestions.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Hello @ontargetnow!

You should get a lot of folks giving you some good advice but it would help if you could tell us a bit more about your requirements.
1) Caliber
2) Paper targets or pesting
3) Distance you plan to shoot most
4) And a budget always helps

I enjoy shooting my pistols as much and maybe more than my rifles.

ThomasT
Pesting, .177 cal., probably 25 yards max. Budget? $1000 or less. Thanks

I'll say right the now the two top pistols available at the top of your price range are the Ataman AP16 and the Weihrauch HW44. Both will yield about 20 shots in the 12-14 fpe range. Getting the AP16 in .177 is impossible in the US and you will need to order from Krale.

The remainder of the viable pistols are more in the $200-$250 range and can be hit or miss on accuracy, but nice if you get a good one.

There is the Benjamin Marauder Pistol (PROD) but it's kinda large and hard to shoot off hand.

Reactions: ontargetnow!
Way below your budget and a good shooter. I know this one is .22, but if you give Wes a call or send him an email, I'm betting he would build it to your specs. He can taylor caliber, power, and shot count to your needs.

Pesting, .177 cal., probably 25 yards max. Budget? $1000 or less. Thanks
Hello again @ontargetnow!

With that budget it opens the door for quite a few pistols in the $350 to $550 range leaving you funds for the accessories needed and a air cooled Air Compressor.

May I suggest that you look at several dealer web sites and read all the specifications on those Pistols that interest you the most. Then ask the forum members who own those ( more than one ) pistols for some advice.

ThomasT

Hello @ontargetnow!

Here is a photo of the Karle page on PCP .177 cal pistols.

Also what @EdinGa suggested.

ThomasT
Krale Pistols .177 cal...jpg

Hello @ontargetnow!

I figured more people would have shared their pistol photos with you by now. OK here are a few of my Diana Bandit .177 caliber and I get 20-plus shots per fill at 719fps: 1) with a Red Dot sight and very accurate within 25 yards. 2) with a Hawke 3-12x40 scope deadly out to 25 yards. 3) Target that I shot at 20 yards.
Hope this will help some.
ThomasT
Bandit - 101.jpg
Bandit-Hawke.jpg
Bandit 85112022A.jpg

Nice shooting!
Hello @ontargetnow!

I figured more people would have shared their pistol photos with you by now. OK here are a few of my Diana Bandit .177 caliber and I get 20-plus shots per fill at 719fps: 1) with a Red Dot sight and very accurate within 25 yards. 2) with a Hawke 3-12x40 scope deadly out to 25 yards. 3) Target that I shot at 20 yards.
Hope this will help some.
ThomasT
View attachment 313699View attachment 313700View attachment 313701
$1000 for just gun or gun + potential optic
Hello again @ontargetnow!

With that budget it opens the door for quite a few pistols in the $350 to $550 range leaving you funds for the accessories needed and a air cooled Air Compressor.

May I suggest that you look at several dealer web sites and read all the specifications on those Pistols that interest you the most. Then ask the forum members who own those ( more than one ) pistols for some advice.

ThomasT
That $1000 was just for the pistol. I have a compressor and tank already. Scope and rings would be more.

Crosman 1720,more shots 1701, Benjamin Prod all better for under $500 and easy to hand pump.
The Snow Peak 750 is ok as is the Diana chase repeater but not as good or accurate as the first 3 I mentioned...
I have all of them. Again Benjamin Marauder pistol,.22 repeater has a lot of custom parts available,also have a Prod made into a carbine...check all testimonials from a variety of online sources.
The Crosman and Benjamin pistols are around $350-$450..plus hand pump another $100 or so.

fuji pictures 006.JPG