Intenseaty22’S Walther LGV Master Pro .177

I like the look of that! What size of CF tube did you use? I really like the cone endcap on that Tanto too, so smoothly it transitions. As imitation is this sincerest form of flattery, I might just have to flatter that gun with my own.

Thank you, but I too I’m paying homage to someone else. This is a compliment to Centercut. He did this number on his Cricket, and I took it and ran. Here is the CF tubing you will need. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RX7TVVW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

The end cap can be ordered separately from DonnyFL. 

Following Intenseaty22 and his help. 

Thank you for your help. 

1548291513_18252257945c490db9c1efd7.21664292_IMG_20190123_172024.jpg

1548291527_2458073595c490dc7a6cfe9.01532047_IMG_20190123_171902_Bokeh.jpg

1548291541_8522534965c490dd574d039.04262795_IMG_20190123_171849_Bokeh.jpg

Many thanks for a most interesting, informative, and supportive thread for Walther LGV owners folks. Having been drawn to break barrel springers I was eventually seduced by all the publicity and reports on the Walther LGV Master Pro in 0.177 calibre and when the wife saw the twinkle in my eye upon handling an LGV in the dealers she waved her plastic at the dealer and as they say......the rest was history!

The German craftsmanship has certainly continued to impress me and the out of the box performance of the LGV has out shot my other three rifles by far but oh my what a weight! I was surprised by the long, soft, first stage of the trigger; which is plastic with only one adjustment screw. I have been given one of those replacement triggers that has two adjustment screws but will be waiting for the warranty periods to expire before building up enough courage do the swap my self.

Most of my shooting is done over a range of twenty yards in our back garden and I tend shoot ten pellets groups, as recommended by Tom Gaylord of Pyramydair. Just at present the gun appears to prefer RWS Superdomes but isn't too pellet fussy. I cleaned the barrel before even putting a single pellet through it but it was quite clean to start with.

1553464470_10814028975c97fc96d37bc3.88912322_Walther 0.JPG

1553464531_17896187455c97fcd33941c4.76015550_ft-sec Exacts.JPG

Lest I have mislead you

many thanks for the very warm welcome folks, I think that I am going to learn a lot about all things LGV in here and probably an awful lot more about air-gunning in general.

I had failed to point out that all the groups pictured above were not shot free hold, or from a vice, but from a bench whilst resting the fore-stock on a shooting bag with the but shouldered and the toe of the but nestling in my cupped left fist. It appears to work quite well for me at the moment. It may just be me but under recoil I get the impression that the gun wants to roll, ever so slightly, to the right!

Being totally new to the LGV, I am somewhat struggling with the weight and am presently playing around with some ideas for supporting the gun. There is a company in the UK that is selling an LGV package that includes a clip-on bipod that fits onto the barrel; not something that I would consider using my self but I have been wondering if anyone has fitted a bipod to their LGV. 

Chris 👍

Oh, not to fear, any groups I post are shot from pretty much the same mode, bench, bag, & hand on rear stock. Only difference my groups are almost always at 30 yards. 

I would look at shooting from a Bipod, not one that attaches, one the cradles the gun. 

For the record, I DO NOT use artillery hold on this gun, shoots just fine either way. 

Once I had settled to bench shooting the LGV off a bag I gave shooting sticks a try but with the gun resting on the sticks at it's point of balance I found that the muzzle tended to wobble about and my shooting was quite poor and in fact no better than shooting the darned thing free hand; and that was bad. I eventually discovered that resting the stock with the sticks much further forward of the point of balance steadied my aim far more but I still need a lot of practice with the sticks.

Disappointed with my lack of real progress with the shooting sticks I decided to knocking up a rest from one of my old photographic tripods and a short piece of square plastic drain pipe. Early days yet and I still have a bit of a wobble on the fast release plate of the tripod but I think I can adjust that out.

1553630145_13414327015c9a83c1518c99.53815815_Shooting tripod MK I.JPG

...that was good...thx , intenseaty22...... this seemed better than that the metal replacement trigger sold on a website that offers walther airguns.. i just sold my .177 lgv master pro - it has low shot count. it's so perfect , it's boring......never has had a tool touch it - i didnt even adjust the trigger..... . maybe a field target person would like the hefty german girl....(10lb fat broad)..... they shoot really good right outta the box. - paul.