Intenseaty22’S Walther LGV Master Pro .177

"MScottLeeman"Ag5643, Thank You for clarifying which Vortek kit to install! I spent some time on the phone today with Tom from Vortek. His thoughts were to perhaps try the HW77 25mm kit. The LGU is so easy to work on,it would be a breeze to experiment between the two. Again,Thanks for the help as it's much appreciated!
Mike.
Mike, this is just the 25mm seal? Is that something you use in conjunction with the 12 or SHO kit? Thanks. 

a8cad546a004bb810423f026d6d16423.jpg

Rowan trigger and 12fpe Vortek are here. Now need time to dig in and get it done. 

"intenseaty22"Frankly, I’m terrified. Never have done it before. But, gonna give it my best. Will have to wait till next week. I promised my boy we would do it together. 
Also, the HW30 should be here tomorrow. Tracking says it arrived in the ATL today.
LOL I was like that in december about my first spring replacement, now I can do it blind fold you got this no problem ;) looking forward to your thoughts also I see one of these guns in my future thats a sharp looking trigger

The trigger wont be too bad,I had mine apart to clean things up and install the longer adjustment screw. It takes a while to get it dialed in...but just take Your time. I was eyeballin the Rowan brass trigger but I have really grown to like the original plastic one (!). It's width, feel and look are appealing to me and after fiddlin with it...I don't see how it could get much better! Looking forward to an update.

Intenseaty this may sound like a dumb question and it probably is but was anything supplied in the kit to coat the spring in. Like tar or something, I’m interested to know how the spring is quitened down. Or is this done by some guide in the spring.

I haven’t pulled down a spring rifle either. I had one break under warranty and the gun shop fixed it but I’m thinking of doing something to my 77 when it arrives. I’ve dismantled both my Trails numerous time to get the best from them but not a springer. I’m aware that it’s not just fitting a kit it’s more involved then that. Like setting it up for paper punching or hunting, experimenting with weights, fps, pellets etc to find the performance you want. Anyway I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. Happy tuning.

Gary

"davemac18"
"intenseaty22"Frankly, I’m terrified. Never have done it before. But, gonna give it my best. Will have to wait till next week. I promised my boy we would do it together. 
Also, the HW30 should be here tomorrow. Tracking says it arrived in the ATL today.
LOL I was like that in december about my first spring replacement, now I can do it blind fold you got this no problem ;) looking forward to your thoughts also I see one of these guns in my future thats a sharp looking trigger

I hope so, No, I am sure so. Thanks for the vote of confidence. 
About the trigger. Yeah, looks sharp indeed. One thing I was not really expecting, most of it is plastic! I thought that if I was plucking that much cash for the darn thing, it was going to be maybe aluminum or something. Nope! Synthetic. I'm sure it's a good type of plastic, but.....plastic. except for the brass blade. 

"Windmill01"Intenseaty this may sound like a dumb question and it probably is but was anything supplied in the kit to coat the spring in. Like tar or something, I’m interested to know how the spring is quitened down. Or is this done by some guide in the spring.
I haven’t pulled down a spring rifle either. I had one break under warranty and the gun shop fixed it but I’m thinking of doing something to my 77 when it arrives. I’ve dismantled both my Trails numerous time to get the best from them but not a springer. I’m aware that it’s not just fitting a kit it’s more involved then that. Like setting it up for paper punching or hunting, experimenting with weights, fps, pellets etc to find the performance you want. Anyway I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. Happy tuning.
Gary

The kit comes with a small batch of grease. I don't really think that it is that grease vs what the original stock gun comes with that may make such a huge difference. I think it is the type of metal, and the guide, etc. I could be wrong on this, and certainly not the authority to give this kind of advice. Maybe Ag can chime in and/or we can do a little research on-line. 
I definitely will post results, not to worry. Like a said, it may take a while. I hope to have at least some pics of the HW30 tomorrow. I plan to do nothing to that one, except maybe later get a slightly better scope, not sure.

Yesterday was a beautiful afternoon with no wind. After work I was able to get some range time in with my LGV .177 12fpe. I’m really excited with her accuracy. I think I’ve found her pellet. 

The only thing that I’ve done to her was clean the barrel, add a DonnyFL Tatsu and a ‘Yankee’ trigger tune. I had gotten fair results with JSB 8.44gr earlier. But this week I got some JSB 10.44gr in. Below are my two best 5 shot groups at 30yds rested. 

I could hear a slight twang. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the twang. 

f45f10300cc4be2948f50b69a16322d2.jpg
M

I hope so, No, I am sure so. Thanks for the vote of confidence. 
About the trigger. Yeah, looks sharp indeed. One thing I was not really expecting, most of it is plastic! I thought that if I was plucking that much cash for the darn thing, it was going to be maybe aluminum or something. Nope! Synthetic. I'm sure it's a good type of plastic, but.....plastic. except for the brass blade.
Also, I need to eat some Crow here. The trigger is Aluminium not synthetic. Seems the paint/finish was so nice, it looked plastic. But, I’m pretty sure it’s metal now.