intenseaty22's G.A. Cricket Mini Carbine .

Thanks Mike! 

Below find a 5 shot group at 100 yards, all variables same as above. Only difference? This group was shot by my 12 year old son. This is his first time shooting at that distance. Matter of fact, he really doesn’t do much shooting, but I think he will from now on. He was actually upset that it wasn’t as tight as it could have been (his words). 

1563408752_14445622185d2fb970a05370.22520374_6697DBBB-01FD-46C3-A0C7-D974D103D771.jpeg

Hi guys , you Kalibrgun lovers 😉

I get a Cricket in .22 and another one in .25 plus a carbine model in .25 . The only one missing to my collection is….the mini carbine. Now I made my mind up and put an order for it to morrow. Thanks for this review.

Just one question: how did you put the moderator at the end of the shroud? Is there a adapter available somewhere ?

Keep going shooting these little marvels.

Hi guys , you Kalibrgun lovers 
1f609.svg

I get a Cricket in .22 and another one in .25 plus a carbine model in .25 . The only one missing to my collection is….the mini carbine. Now I made my mind up and put an order for it to morrow. Thanks for this review.

Just one question: how did you put the moderator at the end of the shroud? Is there a adapter available somewhere ?

Keep going shooting these little marvels.

I used this adapter. But you can also add an adapter to the shroud itself. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KALIBRGUN-BARREL-1-2-UNF-ADAPTOR-eaglevisioncam-KGB-2/222992679546?hash=item33eb66427a:g:us0AAOSwlAZaYm8E

So I buckled and bought some slugs. These are the VKs from Dale. 24gr. x5 shots @ 30 Yards. This was the most consistent group I shot, I did have a couple “flyers” (more testing to come. For now, I think the Hades will continue taking the preferred spot for hunting. 1 - cheaper, 2 - More consistent out of this gun. No Chrono today, sorry. As usual, pinky finger for reference. 

1565129505_17719656875d49fb21dcabe0.93179325_3A4A1874-99EB-4EA3-A959-BEBD083E285E.jpeg

Much better than the 34 gr Nielsen's I tried out of the Edgun when I had it.

Fuss

Are the Nielsen meant for Smooth Twist? and the VKs for land/groove? or vice versus? Asking in earnest, I’m new to the 🐌 game. 

Either way, that’s a dead squirrel at 30, probably 50 too.

It was my first try as well. Didn't bother to try it at different speeds it was so bad. Thought I might get lucky? Maybe I'll try a few in the Royale when I get it?

Slugs are a no no in any ST barrel. ;(

Mike, I’m confused. I thought the FX Smooth Twist barrels were being made specifically to shoot slugs. Granted, at specific twist rates and speeds, no? I thought that’s what I kept reading here on the forum.

Also I thought multiple folk here were shooting them out of their FXs. Bob, etc. 

Thanks 

Christian 

Slugs are a no no in any ST barrel. ;(

Mike, I’m confused. I thought the FX Smooth Twist barrels were being made specifically to shoot slugs. Granted, at specific twist rates and speeds, no? I thought that’s what I kept reading here on the forum.

Also I thought multiple folk here were shooting them out of their FXs. Bob, etc. 

Thanks 

Christian

Christian, I think that's with the STX barrel with the slug liner! Not the original ST barrel like the Boss has.

Yes. That’s the STX barrel with the slug liner. That’s the only benefit compared to the ST barrel, which shoots pellets every bit as good as the STX with pellet or slug liner. 

And your mini doesn’t really shoot slugs fast enough to be accurate over 50 yards. If you need to, try the VK 22.5 grain slugs. But I’d stick with the JSB 18 grain pellets.