• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Installing a Lane regulator in my Benjamin Akela .22

I shoot ten meter Olympic targets in my back yard range. I need maximum shot count and consistent velocity for target shooting only. I have sent for a Lane regulator and have been advised by him that I may wish to install a 25% less powerful valve spring. It is my understanding that the original factory spring is part number CR-054. I got the idea to install the Lane regulator from watching an excellent complete tear down and regulator install by sub12airgunners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNg2554hOCw.  Of course this was on a UK .177 caliber Akela and sub12 got 200 shots from this installation. I hope to maximize my shot count and use primarily Crossman Premier pellets 14.6 grains since I purchased many of these years ago. If any of you have done this install I would appreciate tips since this is my first real tuning modification to an air rifle. I have added a DonnyFL Sumo moderator to help keep my system as backyard friendly as I can. I also put a barrel band on this rifle and attached my bipod to the bottom of this fitting. I shoot low power and just need as much accuracy as possible. I can use advice on how high to set the regulator and other adjustments that may be necessary to balance this install. Thanks in advance for helping me.

Which Lane Regulator did you order? I order the one he mentioneed in his video and it did not work with my .177 Akela. I ened up purchasing a Huma Air regulator intead and it works great. According to Troy Hammer, the UK Models may have a different valve than the USA model and this may have been why it didn't work. So, for what it's worth I have the Lane Regulator and it's not being used! If you get the Lane to work, I'd be interested in hearing how you did it, because I also have a Cayden and may be able to use the Lane regulator in it.