• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Installing a Huma Regulator in to a Hatsan vectis .25

Go to huma’s website. Find the support section on installation instructions. Whatever the vectis is tied in with guns of similar installs, click on that, as they do not have one just for the Vectis. 

Follow the instructions to the tee, along with filing a groove on the threads of the end cap to act as the vent hole path. I just did this install for a friend 3 months ago.

Do you like how the Vectis is shooting now? Is the shot string a cliff hanger where it starts at high speed and drops, or better yet, dives in velocity with each and every shot? Is this gun going to be in any way a hunting gun? You looking for high shot count?

The reasons I ask you these questions, if it’s for hunting with high power, 20-22 shots max is all you’ll get on reg. If you look at your air tube, it is not very long, so that regulator and spacer will eat up into your high presssure air space, and the Vectis has poor post reg plenum space. You can tune it for medium power, but maybe 26-28 shots would be all. 

If you can tune this gun for medium speeds and stay with 775-785 FPS velocities, you’ll have a decent shot count, and if you tune it properly without the reg, well, then I advise you to not put one in. 

Their are some quirks on these guns, meaning for hammer spring adjustment it is CCW for more power, and CW for less. Also, you must cock the gun first to access a hammer nut lock bolt on the right side of the action area. Do not forget to retighten this bolt when you are done adjusting, and before you cycle the lever back closed!

Youll need to drive out two pins at that muzzle break in order to remove the shroud and access the barrel. If I remember, also a deep well 14mm socket, ratchet, and small extension to remove the barrel lock nut. Pictures along the way and detailed notation is your friend here. Also, I use a mechanical pencil whenever I can to mark index lines so things go back exactly as it was removed,

The Vectis lever action is actually a cool gun, and if I owned it, I would leave it stock except for some hammer spring adjustments, and use it as either a truck gun or the “loaner” gun when you have friends that come over and you all want to plink, shoot at tin cans, etc. It’s built pretty tough, like most of Hatsan’s guns. Heck, leave it as open sights to add to the realism of a real lever action!

Thats my take on it. Good luck, man!