RWS Installed Vortek Piston Seal On My RWS Model 34

Air gun brands and parts are funny...

Lucky I still got 2 old family run hardware store that got stuff. Not like most that's no different then what Wal Mart offers at a higher price ..lol
I found an e clip at Tractor supply that fits the pin groove, installing the clip is similar to inspecting hundreds of tiny airgun pellets, sofar no cigar installing it 😵‍💫 😬

I use needle nose pliers one jaw on the pin/post and one on the clip and squeeze carefully. Some times it may take a try or 2 (gurrr) . Make sure the pin grove is above the base ( if tight clearance can be a fight) . Check grove size with clip thickness or check to see if the clip fits well on the pin off / outside the part.

There's a tool for installing them , but I never used one .

Maybe check YouTube vids on any tips that could be used or help

You'd think so, you'd also think the company that makes the rifle would have a few on hand LOL
The company that makes the rifle isn’t affiliated with the US division anymore. Umarex does still have some parts but you’ll have to call or email. The new North American rep is Blue Line or something? And it’s a Diana rifle. Not made by RWS any more than Beeman is made by Beeman. If you need parts and can’t find in US you can usually fine what you need in the UK. Glad you got it up and running again.

The company that makes the rifle isn’t affiliated with the US division anymore. Umarex does still have some parts but you’ll have to call or email. The new North American rep is Blue Line or something? And it’s a Diana rifle. Not made by RWS any more than Beeman is made by Beeman. If you need parts and can’t find in US you can usually fine what you need in the UK. Glad you got it up and running again.
I know Diana made my rifle but the rifle says RWS so I add that hopefully to identify its age incase that matters ;)

I know Diana made my rifle but the rifle says RWS so I add that hopefully to identify its age incase that matters ;)
That would give it a broad age range LOL. The age could matter but mostly if you’re working on the trigger or if you needed a new piston. Your date is on left rear of receiver. If it’s a T05 or T06 trigger gun it should say so on top of receiver. If it doesn’t say anything it’s T01. And yes, those pins and clips will be metric.

That would give it a broad age range LOL. The age could matter but mostly if you’re working on the trigger or if you needed a new piston. Your date is on left rear of receiver. If it’s a T05 or T06 trigger gun it should say so on top of receiver. If it doesn’t say anything it’s T01. And yes, those pins and clips will be metric.
Wow I just looked at the date on the receiver and and my rifle was made in October of 1999. There is no trigger designation on the top of the receiver, just RWS, the Diana girl and Diana model 34 with a flatnosed pellet up by the breech.

Last edited:
Wow I just looked at the date on the receiver and and my rifle was made in October of 1999. There is no trigger designation on the top of the receiver, just RWS, the Diana girl and Diana model 34 with a flatnosed pellet up by the breech.
T01 trigger. Really good trigger, many people think the best of the Diana triggers.