RWS Installed Vortek Piston Seal On My RWS Model 34

This is the grease I bought it looks like it will be just fine. I paid $13.24 with tax and it should last me forever LOL.

1698535132507.png

I forgot there was a clip when I disassembled the rifle, I just drove the pin out, I hope I didn't hurt anything.
I would have just removed the barrel and arm as an assembly. I've never disconnected the arm from the block. I can see the clip you're referring to in the parts diagram though. You probably didn't damage anything. The force from tapping it out probably just unseated it from a groove in the pin.

Thanks guys, man I was so excited the rifle is so quiet and smooth cocking now,then I saw the cocking lever pin moving, I wish I could buy the correct one locally without having to order one online.
Think about it this way. Those clips are easy to lose and quite a few guns use them. If you buy an assortment now you will thank yourself later. No matter how careful you are, you will send on into the stratosphere again eventually

Think about it this way. Those clips are easy to lose and quite a few guns use them. If you buy an assortment now you will thank yourself later. No matter how careful you are, you will send on into the stratosphere again eventually
Hopefully I won't have to take the rifle apart again for a long time, I've owned it for 23 years and this is the first time I've ever replaced any internal parts, in another 23 years I'll be 79 years old and probably won't care one way or another LOL :ROFLMAO: 👍

Hopefully I won't have to take the rifle apart again for a long time, I've owned it for 23 years and this is the first time I've ever replaced any internal parts, in another 23 years I'll be 79 years old and probably won't care one way or another LOL :ROFLMAO: 👍
Fair enough. You could probably just pop that pin back out and go to the hardware store find one that snaps into place on it

Reactions: markhooper
Hopefully I won't have to take the rifle apart again for a long time, I've owned it for 23 years and this is the first time I've ever replaced any internal parts, in another 23 years I'll be 79 years old and probably won't care one way or another LOL :ROFLMAO: 👍 Hey there bro . . . I'm 76 and still in my aged condition enjoy shooting my TX200 several times a week at the range. You just made me feel younger and stronger. Orv.

Well I just ordered a whole box of metric C clips, they should be here this afternoon/evening I assume the pin is metric and the clip dia. apprears to be either 4 or 5 mm, the box I ordered runs the gammot so I know it will have one that fits.

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief
Well I just ordered a whole box of metric C clips, they should be here this afternoon/evening I assume the pin is metric and the clip dia. apprears to be either 4 or 5 mm, the box I ordered runs the gammot so I know it will have one that fits.
I'd say 4 or 5mm is probably accurate.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty