• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Install video for adjustable Super Sear for Crosman 13xx / 22xx trigger

Honestly I would go with the one on ebay. Cost is much less and AOA charges an arm and a leg for shipping. The guy who makes them and sells on ebay sticks them in an envelope for no shipping charge. I do recommend that you stone the surface that the trigger and hammer contacts as they are a bit rough. I did not try mine before stoning and polishing, but with the addition of a Crosman adjustable sear spring assembly it made a very significant improvement in the trigger pull.

Thanks again Jkingrph ! Good advice ... I'll get the one on ebay ... and I'll get the adjustable trigger spring as well, the advice about stoning the contact surfaces makes good sense to me. I've been spoiled by the Rekord trigger system, I know that the Crosman trigger will never be like that, but if I can get to a clean break that's consistent with a 1.5 to 2 lb pull, that would really help my accuracy. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions !!

When you install it be careful that the trigger does not jump off its pin. If it does that little spring and detent ball for the safety may go flying. Now another thing, you might take the trigger out, watch for that safety spring, and polish the ball looking part of the trigger where it contacts the sear also. I find that finely stoned surfaces help a lot. I generally put a mirror polish on mine, having a large hard felt polishing wheel mounted on one end of a bench grinder. You might also think about a power adjuster, which adjusts tension of mainspring on the hammer, less tension lessens the trigger pull a little bit.

Thanks Jkingrph and Hawkeye ... great advice once again, it is appreciated. I'm going to try and skip the little spring and detent ball for now and see if the trigger works well enough for me with the new sear and adjustable spring. I seem to have very little patience these days for things like tiny ball bearings and springs that go flying off into the sunset. I just had a bolt release pin and spring pop out and vanish on one of my older toys, spent hours looking for them, even swept the floor with a magnet, guess they vanished into in the twilight zone. I'll post how my upgrades turns out .. be about a month.

That sounds very familiar. Last year I had to have on old outdoor deck demolished. The most economical way to dispose of it was to burn, No idea of how many old rusted nails, bolts and screws were in it. Bottom line was that to clean up I got one of the wheeled magnetic pick ups. I probably filled a 5 gal bucket at least half full, I would run the magnet across and through the ash pile, sweep it back up and repeat. I did that numerous times, and must have gotten all, at least I have been running my riding mower over the area and no flat tires. I cleaned it up and brought it inside and have since used it to locate a few flying springs and parts in the carpet.

When you get your project completed please let us know the result.

jkingrph .... Interesting about you burning the porch wood. I read somewhere that when the use of metal nails in construction was spreading, when moving from one place to another to build a new cabin, they would burn the old cabin and collect all the nails as nails were so expensive and hard to get. I will let you all know how my super sear upgrade goes. I'm thinking of making a short YouTube Video of my endeavor ... might provide some comic relief in the future ... if I do ... I'll post it here as well

By the way, I put a new pair of hiking socks into the washer the other day, then the drier, when the job was done, only one sock remained, the other one just disappeared, I'm beginning to think that I live on the edge of a new Bermuda Triangle, stuff just disappears here, like small springs .... or it's a brilliant plan by my wife to drive me crazy

Hey Jkingrph ... It's been awhile, but I finally got my super sear and installed it, it was an easy install until I hit the trigger and the safety detent spring and bearing shot out. Fudge. Got my ole magnet out and crawled around on the floor, said a prayer and found them both ... all 3 times they ricocheted off my chest and disappeared ... Fudge!! . While searching with my magnet for said detent spring and bearing, I did find my bolt lock plunger and its tiny spring that shot out of one of my "boom sticks" ... these have been missing for about a year now. Magnet practice makes perfect. I love the improvement to my trigger, it sure helps accuracy when you know that you have a smooth, crisp and predicable let-off. I'm going to get the adjustable sear spring in the near future, just to see how much that might improve the trigger, even though I'm very satisfied with the way my trigger is now. Thanks to all of you who shared your wisdom with me and sorry it took so long to get back to you all !! PS ... if you don't hit the trigger the whole install takes about 5 minutes. I got the super sear from eBay, it shipped fast and was exactly as described on that website, I am pleased with my purchase in case anybody is interested