• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Inspiration

Hi! Iˋam new here on this forum maybe a litte introduction?

Been a powder shooter for many years Iˋam a hunter/sports-shooter I compete with both rifles and pistols but hunting is only allowed with rifles here in Sweden.(No need to bore you with my job family and so on) But now I´m thinking about starting with airguns again. (Let me tell you the rifles has changed since I was a kid 😂 )

The rifle Iˋam going to buy will be a PCP in cal .25-.35. The rifle will be used mainly for fun but depending on cal also for some hunting. Iˋam a lazy bastard so I prefer shooting of a bench. Not made up my mind completly yet but Iˋve mainly been looking at the FX-Impact was about ready to buy one when I saw the news on IWA. (Better wait for the MK2) But maybe you guys got some other recommendations? Airarms,Daystate,RAW,Steyr,AT,BSA or other? (I did see a Steyr Pro X semi on IWA it looked interesting) Iˋam open for suggestions but if theres one thing I can´t stand thatˋs low quality gear. Rather pay up once than getting something I´ll sell within a month.....

Since Iˋam new to the forum I was wondering if theres any thread containing pics of the members PCP-rifles? (Nothing like a little inspiration when you´re looking to buy a new rife)

Well met!

1552337862_8285793475c86cbc64fcdf3.49467784_D6B7E47F-A30F-4FC6-A1B1-BDD3FCE92FA1.jpeg

I own 3 fx rifles and have not been disappointed. Two are in .25 cal and a .30.... All are lasers but ammo is literally half the cost for the .25 cal's so i shoot them the most. I have a Impact and it shoots the 25gr kings great at 900+fps with 70 shots per fill but the 34gr heavys shoot better in the wind. I have mine tuned to shoot those at 890fps but shot count suffers 48-50 shots. welcome to the crazy train.enjoy the ride!

Hi Thomas, I have a FX Royal in .177 and a FX Crown in .25 both are laser accurate. The Royal does one ragged hole 5 shot groups at up to 45 yards and beyond if no wind (off of bags and a bench)& if I do my part! And the Crown reaches way out beyond the Royal and delivers the same accuracy, just amazing rifles for sure. AZ told me a couple months ago that he just got to work on a .25 Crown and he said that it was the most accurate air rifle he has ever shot!! And he’s been working on air guns since the 70’s so that’s definitely saying a lot about the smooth twist barrel! He also just put one of the smooth twist barrel liners inside of a tube and put it on a cheap gun (can’t remember what gun) but he said it was awesome. Makes one think about the potential if you are a talented person with that kind of ability. I’d say get a FX Crown in .25 because you will never want to put it down and like mentioned above the pellets are much cheaper than the .30

Hi Thomas, I have a FX Royal in .177 and a FX Crown in .25 both are laser accurate. The Royal does one ragged hole 5 shot groups at up to 45 yards and beyond if no wind (off of bags and a bench)& if I do my part! And the Crown reaches way out beyond the Royal and delivers the same accuracy, just amazing rifles for sure. AZ told me a couple months ago that he just got to work on a .25 Crown and he said that it was the most accurate air rifle he has ever shot!! And he’s been working on air guns since the 70’s so that’s definitely saying a lot about the smooth twist barrel! He also just put one of the smooth twist barrel liners inside of a tube and put it on a cheap gun (can’t remember what gun) but he said it was awesome. Makes one think about the potential if you are a talented person with that kind of ability. I’d say get a FX Crown in .25 because you will never want to put it down and like mentioned above the pellets are much cheaper than the .30

That sure sounds like something worth looking in to. Thanks!

The ammo pricing dosent differ that much (at least not here in Sweden) 6,92$ vs 10,53$ per 150rounds. (Sure its almost double. But compared to powder it's nothing)

The thing that worries me more when it comes to big bore is airsupply but FX seems to have solved that with double 500 tanks.