N/A Inside a Chinese Carbon Fiber Bottle (is this normal?)

That works also but now that you've quoted he won't be able to delete. cf=cf the sum doesn't need to be in cube form.
I'm sure DesrtSilver knows, he just made a simple mistake. Happens more to me every day.
Obviously. Most people relate to a common recognizable shape. When I taught scuba, to give students an example, I explained if you took a phone booth and were able to attach a hose to it and a std 80cu ft scuba tank and crushed the phone booth down to nothing the scuba tank would have 3000psi in it. Did not mean to offend, the example was way out of whack.

What was the price difference between the bottle you gort and one you could have gotten from a reputable air gun shop?
3 times more expensive and it was from www.aeaairguns.shop which I do not trust now to tell me the time...
It has to be the right length as well to clear the small barrel and this one has exactly the correct length for
its size.

So far, no one has come up with a photo from the liner of their own bottle or similar in order to compare them.
The is no verdict yet for the safety of the bottle, only speculations.

Reactions: dgeesaman
A bit of speculation going on here. Try this: take one to a dive shop and have them test it, and if you are adventurous, tested to failure. That should settle it and end all questions.
Cool. But I would be surprised if a dive shop hydro could reach failure pressure. I think they refer to that as destructive testing. 😂😂

Reactions: FelixS
So far, no one has come up with a photo from the liner of their own bottle or similar in order to compare them.
The is no verdict yet for the safety of the bottle, only speculations.
That is what spun 7075 aluminum looks like up close. Hundreds of thousands sold but no one ever has a failure. Use it or ask for a refund.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I have been using a 0.5 L Chinese bottle for over a year on my Maverick, it have given me no grief so far.
I have not looked inside it, or my new 9 L bottle, or any other bottles i have.

The starting ALU bottle things are wound on, that is probably extruded ,and that is a violent process that dont necessary leave you with a smooth surface profile.
Sure your various shaped ALU profiles used for this and that have a nice surface, but those are also a continuous extrusion, the ALU bottle used to make up one of these bottles, like a brass rifle cartridge probably had several runs thru the machinery to make up the final form.

Standing inside a ship engine looking around you will also see some pretty rough surfaces, but the ones that really need to be good like guidesurfaces of the 2 piece piston rod and the Cylinder walls are all as slick as they have to be, so the sucker can go to its MAX 90 RPM

Reactions: hgg2k
Air that beeotch up and shoot is what I would do. Run well over 3k miles a week. Some moron out there on the road will be the death of me way before some China bottle. I guess we just have to pick our worries is what im getting at. This wouldn’t be one for me but if you have to ask this you may just want to get a better one for piece of mind.

Reactions: dorcula
I have been using a 0.5 L Chinese bottle for over a year on my Maverick, it have given me no grief so far.

A fellow member from a Dutch forum is using a Tuxing bottle on his RTI Prophet.

1000005654.jpg

1000005652.jpg

1000005653.jpg

6000 series aluminum is not for pressure vessels. 2000 or 7000 is used for pressure and 7000 is the choice these days. 7075 turns dark grey when oxidized. 6061 does .
Right from the Luxfer website.

IMG_2345.png

The aluminum inside a CF wrapped vessel is just simply a bladder to prevent leaks, provide a mandrel to wrap the tank and to provide a set of threads for attachment. The wrap is where the strength is provided. I can understand using 6061 due to its anti corrosion properties versus a stronger alloy in this case. I agree it does seem to go against my opinion of what alloy needs to be used in a pressure vessel.

Dave

The aluminum inside a CF wrapped vessel is just simply a bladder to prevent leaks, provide a mandrel to wrap the tank and to provide a set of threads for attachment. The wrap is where the strength is provided. I can understand using 6061 due to its anti corrosion properties versus a stronger alloy in this case. I agree it does seem to go against my opinion of what alloy needs to be used in a pressure vessel.

Dave
35 years of 6061-T6 says it’s entirely adequate. Luxfer used a 6351 for a time but it proved to crack over a period of time.