N/A Inside a Chinese Carbon Fiber Bottle (is this normal?)

hgg2k

Apr 29, 2021
Greece
Hi,

I have just received a 0.36L CF bottle to upgrade the small AEA HP SS tube.
First of all the seller lied and while he told me that all the bottles were made
during the past 30 days, the CF bottle had a manufacture date of 06 - 2023.
Already nine months old and the re testing period is 3 years.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006221649697.html

Anyway, I have inspected the inside of the bottle with a small camera and you
can see the video at the link below:

I am no expert in CF bottles and this is my first one, but I would like to ask you
if this looks normal? The inside surface is very rough and there is some
black stuff/residue inside as well. Carbon fibers? Not sure. On the outside
everything looks fine as well as the threads.

Any comments?
Thanks.

My comments:

Chinese companies have no accountability other than doing enough to get your money. And once they have it the transaction is over. Therefore I will never buy pressure containing components that weren’t at least re-sold or imported by someone who is legally accountable to provide a safe, functional product.

I don’t have experience looking inside of any bottles like that even though I own a few. But I can suggest that any residue that could flake off the inside will wreak havoc on regulators, valves, and transfer ports.

True.

The funny thing is that they are giving a 15 year life and a 3 year inspection interval.
On the bottle though I cannot see any DOT-SP markings.
Who will do the hydrotesting without a DOT-SP marking?..

There is also an REE: 4 marking written on the bottle, what does this mean?
They can write anything on that bottle, that doesn't mean those words mean that.

Where do you think the "other" CF bottles are made?
In a factory that is held to actual quality standards. It’s not about who makes it, it’s about the quality of each and every piece.

Even the same factory has various machines and tooling and when those stop making good enough product for their prime customer, they can make product using tooling and raw materials that no longer meet standards and sell it directly.

Reactions: WoodWelder
True.

The funny thing is that they are giving a 15 year life and a 3 year inspection interval.
On the bottle though I cannot see any DOT-SP markings.
Who will do the hydrotesting without a DOT-SP marking?..

There is also an REE: 4 marking written on the bottle, what does this mean?
REE stands for Rejection Elastic Expansion. It’s part of the criteria for hydro testing. In other words, info for the re-tester facility.