• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Input requested on new PCP

New to the forum and to air rifles. I recently acquired the following HW-35 Lexus .177 with a Hawke Airmax 2-7 AO scope and, an Air Arms TX-200 .177 with a Hawke Airmax 3-9 AO scope. I like both rifles but think I need a PCP to round out the inventory. I'm left handed, so the rifle would be need to be, left handed, I prefer walnut, and in .22 caliber, it will need to be multi-shot capable. Can you offer some suggestions.

thanks

Jim
Michigan

Sufficient funds are in place. I’m not fond of the high tech looking air rifles, but, prefer more of the standard rifle look. You note the FX Streamline, being available in walnut, is it ambi in the walnut? The photos I’ve seen appear to be right handed with cheek piece. The composite stocks do appear to be ambi. 

What do do think about the FX vs the Daystate Regal

thanks

jim
michigan

"jgp1854"Sufficient funds are in place. I’m not fond of the high tech looking air rifles, but, prefer more of the standard rifle look. You note the FX Streamline, being available in walnut, is it ambi in the walnut? The photos I’ve seen appear to be right handed with cheek piece. The composite stocks do appear to be ambi. 
What do do think about the FX vs the Daystate Regal
thanks
jim
michigan
I have never shot an FX. Have no input for comparison. But the walnut is ambi. I own a Regal XL. Ultra nice fit and finish. The walnut is gorgeous. Holding it is actually pleasing. I don’t know if they come in lefty. It is very accurate, but the Streamline may be more accurate. It’s regulated as well. I don’t get fanatical about a brand or another. From what you are asking about I think you will not do wrong with either. Then there’s Air Arms, I personally don’t like them too much, but a lot of folk do. 

a79ed3d470b56c3157fb02256e40e80a.jpg

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/intenseaty22s-regal-xl/

check out my Regal’s pictures on this thread. Not selling you on it. Just letting you see for comparison. 

Good luck. 

Before Christmas, AOA ran a discount on the Daystate Huntsman Regal. I called and checked to see if they had one in walnut that was left handed. To my great surprise, they had two lefties on the shelf. I have a Daystate Huntsman Classic in walnut, but it's right handed. My wife is a lefty and she shoots it left handed. I wanted to get her a lefty Regal, but she didn't want to spend the money and insisted that she loves to shoot the Classic as it is. But if I had my way, I'd get my wife a lefty Regal since they don't grow on trees and AOA has two of them!

Lots to be said for FX and others. But Daystate walnut stocks can't be beat IMHO. No regulator, but Daystate's Harper Valve does a pretty decent job of conserving air without a regulator. Accuracy is top shelf. Simple to maintain. Great magazines. Comes with a decent moderator and single shot tray. Comes with the best warranty in the business. Some complain that it's a bit hard to cock. This is due to the fact that it's a simple bolt action, therefore there's no mechanical leverage to assist cocking like side lever actions available on other guns. It's just a matter of getting used to it.

I hope you get what you like best.

BeemanR7

Huntsman Regal XL for me too. I too could have had any gun I wanted and I chose the Regal. It’s a very accurate shooter for me, Harper Valve gets you 40 shots a fill, gorgeous Walnut stock, classic rifle styling and it’s very light. The fit and finish on the rifle is exceptional, I hang mine on the wall just because it’s so pretty. Put a Donny FL moderator on it and the loudest thing you hear is the pellet smacking the intended target. So the bolt takes a little extra effort to cock, it just adds to the character of the gun. I own an FX Whisper air rifle too and I absolutely love it. It does everything perfectly and its a dream too shoot. Between the Streamline and the Regal, it’s Regal for me. Either way, you can’t go wrong and I’m sure in no time you will be adding another to your collection. As they say, “Welcome to the dark side”!

Dude you definitely should get an FX Streamline...and get it in .25 caliber. There is nothing a .22 caliber can do that the .25 Streamline can't do better! With the JSB 25.4gr. pellets on full power setting you get about 45 ft/lbs energy, on medium power setting you get around 25 ft/lbs energy, and on low power setting you get about 15 ft/lbs energy. If you want to crank up the power set a regulator up to 150 bar and shoot the 34gr. pellets at 880-900 ft/s and get 58-60 ft/lbs. energy. And at that velocity it will shoot the 34gr. MKII pellets like freaking laser beams! And it is light and maneuverable and points perfectly when you shoulder it. And for $1100.00 regulated I don't think there is anything that even comes close! Just one humble FX Streamline owners' fanatical obsessive compulsive opinion though... :) Here's a couple pics of mine! 
All the best, Chuck
6b76b709ccdbceea8e87234256344ddd.jpg

79bc7b469583d187d52cd0c51fb6e8fd.jpg

898742496ab3f62b3df65631dcae148c.jpg

Top shelf choice:

.22 FX Royale 400 Walnut is available in ambi and also left hand, both thumbhole stocks. These are very nice guns that get 30 FPE and a lot of regulated shots. 

or .22 Daystate Air Wolf MCT. Expensive but a darn good rifle with a nice walnut ambi thumbhole stock.

Next would be the .22 FX Streamline or a .22 Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine (ambi but in beech, I believe).

You won't be disappointed going with either Daystate or FX. You won't even be able to compare the trigger and lack of recoil compared to the TX200. If you ask 100 people what to buy you will probably get about 85 different choices. Go with what your wallet allows and don't go cheap on the glass. A scope can make a fine rifle really shine and a cheap scope can make you hate your rifle and leave you scratching your head.