• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Input on low power(economy) springer scopes

I have a couple low to meduim power spring guns(6-12 fpe) I'm giving to a buddy for his kids.(They need scopes because they are for hunting practice for their deer guns)
This last year I'm back to shooting my airguns and haven't been up to speed on new products.
I have been using the bug buster 4x scopes for years with good luck but
they are not as cheap as before and I don't wanna put $100+ scopes on the guns.

**is there a hidden low cost gem out there on lower powered airgun scopes that can be adjusted to 10m?**

These have been around since at least 2016 (The Good Old Days) and I see nothing but positive reviews on them. I suggest trying one. Scope rings will need to be purchased.

I have a couple of these and find them worth $70
Tasco 2-7X32mm AO
Star7,
Do you know if this is "springer" rated? Figured CenterPoint is since it came in package deal with both nitro pistons. Thanks, WM

Had one on a HW90 .22 for a thousand or so shots. If it weren't springer rated, then I would be surprised. I switched to a hawke airmax, which is better but not enormously. That Tasco went to a gamo cfx and is still working fine. The other tasco is on a springer as well, but not one I shoot much. Honestly, I never thought that it might not be springer rated.

A low cost scope that will survive on a springer? I dont think they really exist. Fixed zoom SWFA scope are probably the cheapest option, as reported by several members here. I have tested my own SWFA on a magnum piston rifle and it has been great so far. Anything else is just a matter of when it will fail. I have busted up a number of scopes over the years, even on low power piston break barrels.

A low cost scope that will survive on a springer? I dont think they really exist. Fixed zoom SWFA scope are probably the cheapest option, as reported by several members here. I have tested my own SWFA on a magnum piston rifle and it has been great so far. Anything else is just a matter of when it will fail. I have busted up a number of scopes over the years, even on low power piston break barrels.
I've got two of those 2-7x32 BSA scopes that used to sell for $50 and came with a rubberized coating that over a period of several years turns into tarlike goo and I've beat the snot out them and they're both still working. I've currently got one on a Hatsan 135 and before that I had it on a .308 AK. I did have to spend 20 minutes with solvent cleaning the coating off of each of them though.

Reactions: bf1956
Own both almost free shipping field supply .com
Screenshot_20231218_081211_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231218_080800_Samsung Internet.jpg

Harry, The Hatsan brand are cheap and have held up on Hatsan model 95 and 125. You can adjust parrallax on the non AO models by uncrewing the ring on the bell end screwing the carrige in or out and re install the ring. Very easy. Matter of fact I have 2 Hatsan 3x9 non AO models you can have for cost of shipping and I will adjust parrallax at any distance you would like.

Reactions: sirromdj
Harry, The Hatsan brand are cheap and have held up on Hatsan model 95 and 125. You can adjust parrallax on the non AO models by uncrewing the ring on the bell end screwing the carrige in or out and re install the ring. Very easy. Matter of fact I have 2 Hatsan 3x9 non AO models you can have for cost of shipping and I will adjust parrallax at any distance you would like.
Thanks for the advice on adjusting parallax. Worked on my Diana scope.