inline filtering

John,

Froggy said it right. Sometimes, a member will post findings of a recently purchased, used air gun, full of green, slimy goop and corrosion. This is what water does, and why we all try desperately to keep it out. First, check to see if your Omega has a water separator/filter installed. Second, SEARCH forum "Compressor Section" for Yong Heng compressors. You'll see posted pictures of how members have set-up their compressors using in-line filters. They are usually 12" long, gold aluminum tubes which contain a plastic insert with drying beads, charcoal and cotton inside. Ebay and Amazon sell them from $55 on up. They attach with male foster fitting on one end with female on other. There are less expensive in-line filters, that just use cotton inserts, but most use these in concert with the gold one. I hope this helped.

WM

Thank you WorriedMan. My compressor only has the manual moisture bleeder on it. AoA had the Omega filter at an affordable price so I ordered it earlier. Because I'm spending so much on a pcp its a worthwhile investment. That being said, it was very kind of you to share your knowledge about these filters with me. And it sounds like you've been around the block. Much appreciated.

John

I use one of those Tuxing gold filters with my Yong Heng pump. One tip is to buy a "8MM Male Quick Head Connection Check Valve One Way Foster Fill Nipple Kit M10 x 1" available on Amazon & replace the original Tuxing one. I installed this check valve because I can then bleed the pump side of the filter & keep the pump running for a short time without being under load. The check valve then allows me to close my tank off, not lose any air & then bleed the line & filter. One other suggestion is to fill your tank to only 4100 or 4200 PSI to lessen the stress of filling to 4500PSI. With your own high pressure pump you can recharge your tank anytime you want to so it's not a big deal to have that 4500 PSI in the tank.

John,

Very kind of you to say that. Truth is, six months ago, I knew nothing. A number of kind, patient and knowledgeable members walked me thru it, till I started to catch on. That is the hidden strength of this forum, I just hope some of the long timers realize what a positive impact they make. John, glad your here, too, hope you hang around.

WM

Paulemar, thank you. When you mentioned only filling the tank to 41/4200 psi to lessen stress was that stress on the compressor or tank you were talking about? Thanks

John

The compressor. There's no problem with a modern SCBA tank and 4500PSI. Firehouses fill to that pressure all the time. Home compressors used by most hobby air gunners are usually not very robust when compared to professional multi-thousands of dollar compressors. In my opinion, those last few hundred PSI are the toughest on hobby compressors. I just don't need to fully fill my tanks because I can refill easily myself as needed. Hopefully, this will lengthen the life of my compressor along with my use (finally) of Chemlube 751 oil. 

Thanks Paulemar. Now I get it. Chickenthie, those numbers almost make it sound scary. I purchased the Omega compressor and a Daystate on the same order yet inline filtering was never brought into the mix. But between the compressor, rifle, scope, pellets, etc I think I spent close to or over 3k in one shot. Maybe the salesman thought the mention of another expense might have given me a melt down. And he probably was right.