AEA Initial thoughts on the AEA Megalodon

So far I'm not that disappointed in it - I'll do some more testing tomorrow but ran a few mags through it and not bad.

Cycling is smoother than I thought it would be - I was expecting your typical AEA crap quality, it's not refined but it's not their usual crap either.

Magazines are the typical AEA Plastic pieces of shyte. my 308gr slugs are 0.75" and it pretty much maxes out the depth - so I'm thinking max depth to be 19mm or 20mm max.

************* This is unfortunate - magazine unseats sometimes while pumping - so while trying to cycle the next round, magazine pops out and you can't rack it forward. Happened a couple times now. Will see if this keeps happening.

***** Finding #2 - looks like the stupid Fin on the "buttplate" is now loose after 6 mags. There is literally no space in there to fit ANY kind of hex wrench - a hex BIT barely and i mean barely fits in there.

15" .45 Megalodon -

I only filled to 3,000 PSI, so 8 shots brought me down from 3k to 2k. 308gr slugs

brave_DspP3MWAyH.png

brave_TNjBQxfojj.png

Last edited:
Don't know why this is here - looks like a quick release for the seal to the barrel?

View attachment 462728

View attachment 462729
to quickly adjust the output power, by putting in a smaller bore port card in regulated countries. so instead of something, 'only a gunsmith is allowed to do' (in germany), every user can get 'illegal' full power, by a quick card-switch. they call it export-set, in case one travels to a different 'law-zone'.

Last edited:
Reactions: allinssd