Info on 3 Sheridan Rifles? Please!

Hi everyone,

Forgive me in advance as I’m new to the game. I recently acquired 3 Sheridan .20 air rifles, 2 of which are silver streaks and the third is a blue streak. I’ve done some research on dates of manufacture for each rifle, but haven’t been able to conclude with much assurance on it. I’ve attached some photos, I’m hoping someone can shed some light on age of each? I bought these as a package deal, only hoping to retain 1 so I’d also appreciate some input on which would be most worthy to keep. Thanks in advance, please ask any questions that are due!

IMG_2096.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2092.jpeg
IMG_2091.jpeg
IMG_2090.jpeg
IMG_2089.jpeg
IMG_2088.jpeg
IMG_2087.jpeg
IMG_2086.jpeg
IMG_2083.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg
IMG_2081.jpeg
IMG_2080.jpeg
IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_2078.jpeg
IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2075.jpeg
IMG_2074.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg
IMG_2069.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg
IMG_2069.jpeg

Although I'm sure that you will get some answers to your questions, you might want to consider putting this in the "Traditional Airguns" Forum. It's more aligned with that group.
They all appear to need some TLC, especially with the stocks. They are easily refinished using either Tru-Oil or Tung Oil, both easily applied and good finishes.
You can also re-blue, although it's not a true "bluing" in the sense of the word, it's actually a blackener. Birchwood Casey makes a Copper/Brass Blackener.
Forum member: mikebaker1
Sells reseal kits at an excellent price if needed.
Value varies of course depending on condition, so if you refinish them, the better the price (usually). Sold as is, perhaps in the $100-$120ish neighborhood, in excellent condition, perhaps $250-$300ish.
I would keep the best of the two Silver Streaks and work on that one to keep.

Mike

They're all garbage - you should send them to me for disposal... ;-)

I wouldn't get rid of a single one of them, those are treasures, the likes of which are not made today. I'm a shooter, and not a collector, so I can't give you any advice as to which is most valuable, but I can tell you that if you let any of them go, there will come a time when you regret it. Sheridans are great guns. I have an embarrassing selection of PCPs and I can tell you that I'd never let my one and only Sheridan pump go...

GsT

Although I'm sure that you will get some answers to your questions, you might want to consider putting this in the "Traditional Airguns" Forum. It's more aligned with that group.
They all appear to need some TLC, especially with the stocks. They are easily refinished using either Tru-Oil or Tung Oil, both easily applied and good finishes.
You can also re-blue, although it's not a true "bluing" in the sense of the word, it's actually a blackener. Birchwood Casey makes a Copper/Brass Blackener.
Forum member: mikebaker1
Sells reseal kits at an excellent price if needed.
Value varies of course depending on condition, so if you refinish them, the better the price (usually). Sold as is, perhaps in the $100-$120ish neighborhood, in excellent condition, perhaps $250-$300ish.
I would keep the best of the two Silver Streaks and work on that one to keep.

Mike

Revoman is spot on in all regards. (y) Thanks for saving me a lot of keyboarding!

NICE acquisition! FYI, mounts are made for Sheridans that allow a red dot sight (or scope) to be mounted on them. If I can find the link I'll post it if you're interested. I found them for a friend who owns a Blue Streak.
Here's a link for one type of mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revoman
"Does anyone happen to know why one of the silver streaks doesn’t have a serial number?"
I believe, and I'm certain that I will be corrected if in error, that pre-1978ish, there were no serial numbers. They kept logs of the key features that were instituted before that year to track the approximate year that those key features occurred.
So, perhaps in year 1950, the top strap at the bolt had checkering, but that was changed in 1951 to straight lines (example and not necessarily accurate).
In that 1978ish Sheridan was bought out by, I believe Benjamin (?), and they started with the serial numbers.
I hope that this fills-in a little more for you.

Mike