Inexpensive sling pack for carrying a "guppy" air tank.

so i wanted to see if i could come up with something to carry the smaller "guppy" cf air tank, in case i wanted to tether it to the rifle, or pack it for extended shooting and refilling on foot or motorbike, as well as something to keep the bottle protected to and from the range or wherever we are shooting.

i wanted to keep the cost down so it would be helpful for anyone on a budget that is looking for a solution to carrying a similar bottle that is functional, comfortable and affordable, so i chose to start with something less than $50 (i paid $32.99).

of course nothing would stop you from choosing a much more expensive option, and i looked at some up to $250.

most of the time on this project was spent looking at different bags that were just large enough for the guppy, didn't have too many extra pockets or weight. i wanted the guppy to stand on it's bottom when in the pack and not tip over easily. i wanted a wide padded strap that would be comforatable for moderate periods if needed.

after putting many many options in my cart to review one by one, i ended up choosing this one.

https://smile.amazon.com/Huntvp-Tactical-Backpack-Military-Shoulder/dp/B081YRNNZV?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

the only other material required is some cheap kaizen layered foam that can be carved out to fit your bottle.

you'll notice the shape of this sling pack is not symmetrical, so i made a cardboard template and cut the foam to fit.

some pics of the final product.

so you could keep it handy for fills with an edgun ez fill or have it tethered to your rifle.

Guppy or Benjamin, they are the same size.

In fact Benjamin uses Joe’s gauges.

I use a Case Logic bag for my Benjamin (s):

18604710-B3FF-4C27-8ACF-3C713964B8D8.1649598021.jpeg
F3D2684E-19B2-4E3A-882C-5C3B72789C91.1649598021.jpeg

Reactions: theLBC
@theLBC A day pack that could fit both with a little room for other gear would be cool. The can sticking out wouldn’t be much of an issue so long as the zippers don’t work themselves down as you’re hiking.

yeah, a more normal sized backpack would easily carry both. i was thinking about using one i already have, but this would be more for gun in hand on on a sling.