Inexpensive Hollowpoints

I have been noticing the relatively cheap .22 Crow Magnums and Barracuda Hunters. I purchased some to see how they shot compared to Diabolo Jumbo Heavies. They all fall in close Proximity weightwise. Well the Heavies all group pretty tight but the two hollowpoints kind of spray around. I have had good success filing the hollow with gel super glue and improved grouping dramatically. The thing I come up clueless on is whether the hollowpoint will still expand as usual. If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear of your results.

I have been noticing the relatively cheap .22 Crow Magnums and Barracuda Hunters. I purchased some to see how they shot compared to Diabolo Jumbo Heavies. They all fall in close Proximity weightwise. Well the Heavies all group pretty tight but the two hollowpoints kind of spray around. I have had good success filing the hollow with gel super glue and improved grouping dramatically. The thing I come up clueless on is whether the hollowpoint will still expand as usual. If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear of your results.

Try filling them with bar soap or soft wax. This should be soft enough not to affect the expansion.

.25 Baracuda Hunters shoot pretty good in my Maverick compact @ 930 fps.
Maverick 2nd reg.1633061357.jpg

Baracuda Hunter 138.4 bar setting 7.1633060957.jpg

edit- Average velocity is 930 fps - not 940 fps.

Saw on youtube a clip of a guy that used silicone (like tub seal) on a hollow point that wasnt too accurate for him, It cut the shot pattern down from spray and pray to fairly good and when he shot into a bucket of water the hollow point actually opened up more with the silicone than without. He said he did the tests himself many times because he couldn't see how it would make that much of a difference. As always your mileage may differ with each pellet and at what speed you are shooting at.