• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Inexpensive Chronograph (cheap) $28.00 TYD

I just ordered one of these:

US Chargeable Ballistic Chronograph High Accuracy Arrow Velocity Meter Measure

Off of eBay, amazon has them also. Has anybody played with one of them and any feed back on them? 

s-l1600.jpg

I bought one a while back and use it on the regular. I especially like it for quick routine checks.

Pros
1. Agrees well with my ProChrono. Either it’s accurate or they are both wrong together.
2. Has its own infrared light source. Works in any lighting and even in the dark. No fussy or time-consuming setup.
3. Never misses a reading. Never ever. That alone makes it worth the price of admission if you’ve ever waited hours to check the speed of the first shot, only to have the chronograph fail to get it. 

Cons
1. Meter resolution with no decimal place…meaning roughly 3fps resolution.
2. Stores only 40 shots.
3. No means to electronically retrieve the string. 

Apexpredator look here:

https: //www.amazon.com/aikeec-Precision-Ballistic-Chronograph-Chargeable/dp/B0823M5M6M

35 $ on Amazon vs $28 on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Chargeable-Ballistic-Chronograph-High-Accuracy-Arrow-Velocity-Meter-Measure/383642319690?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

bandg that is meters per second which in feet per second (what pellet guns are normally measured in) would be 3-3300 fps, which covers most of the pellet guns I shoot.

That was the entire point.

No I don't think it will blow apart, a 22 Long rifle at approximately 1200fps or a 30-30 at 2300fps, but probably not a 223 at 3200fps.

If you are shooting smaller grain bullets at higher speeds it probably won't record correctly.

It won't blow apart unless you shoot it, as I and others have done with chronographs, a little bit of attention lost while setting a dial or something and you have to order a new sunshade for the one you just clipped with a bullet.