• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Inefficient

Mine did not have sufficient range on the hammer spring adjuster for a 1700psi setpoint, so I expect you are running into the same issue. Loud and wasteful of air.

Just depends on what you are trying to achieve. But in general, a 2600psi setpoint is considered well over the norm for a .22 cal shooting pellets. If instead you’re trying to run super heavy pellets like the JSB Monsters or Beasts, or heavy slugs, at the highest possible velocities, then an operating pressure that high may be the way to go. In which case, air consumption and shot count have necessarily slid down in the list of priorities.

You know your hammer spring is set too high when you cannot get the velocity to go down with the spring set as low as it will go. You then need to find a spring that is less stiff or reduce the length of the stock spring. My P35-177 was this way. I shortened the spring. It is efficient now. My Avenger is a 25 caliber and the stock spring is fine.

So if you can turn the hammer spring down, do it. If you cannot then decide on a new spring or modifying the one you have.

Just to be clear, you don't want to shoot the gun with the hammer spring well below the point of maximum velocity. But you want to be able to decrease the hammer force until velocity goes down and normally set the hammer spring just slightly below the point of maximum velocity.

An Avenger only stores 180cc of air if I remember right which isn't a lot. Filling to 300 bar helps but I usually don't because I fill from a bottle.

OK JOSHUA777 I started at 1400 psi-1 1/2 spring-14.3 gr=850s.1500 psi=850s with 15.9 jsb.I have not shot 4000 psi fill down to reg pressure yet.To cold out but I will get it done.My guess is around 70 to 80 shots at 850 not 900. I have 2 m-rods a 2019 and a 2022 the 19 gets 40% more shot count than 22 set up the same.Mabe avengers and m-rods are just by nature individuals in there performance.The tune is not totally universal to the letter?

The Marauder stores 215cc of air, the Avenger stores 180cc. But I think the Marauder's maximum pressure is 3000 psi where the Avenger is 300bar or over 4000 psi. The added pressure would be more important than the added volume. Regulated guns like the Avenger provide more shots at a given velocity variation but that is not the same as more shots if we ignore the velocity variation. But if you pick a velocity spread of 20 fps or 30 fps, an unregulated Marauder will not give more shots than a reasonably well tuned regulated Avenger. If you accept 40 or 50 fps variation, the Marauder might provide more. The Avenger's variation will not get that high but it will add a lot of shots for the Marauder.

Reactions: nobody1