• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Indoor range pictures.

I am getting pretty bored with mine and I want to see some ideas as the weather is going to stay terrible here for some time longer. I don't have a lot of room for big stuff though. I really have the itch to shoot something besides paper but can't risk any ricochet.
20210221_175106.1613958123.jpg

Below is a picture of my backstop, made with 3/16" sheet steel, angled into 8" of sand, equipped with RX reaction targets with 10mm to 40mm apertures. It sits at the end of an 18 yard basement range, with a shooting bench equipped with air tanks and chronograph at the other end. It will take any airgun projectile I throw at it, and the pellets all accumulate in a tight "welded" mass where the steel hits the sand. I do get some residual pellet spray residue out the front from misses that hit the flat RX face plates. The range is equipped with flood lights and exhaust fan.

Backstop.02.22.21.1614032280.jpeg

You could paint different sized animal and bird silhouettes on the cardboard, or use smaller target dots. It gives a bit of a depth perception to the shooting session, like you are shooting at longer yardages than you actually are. A 10" tall pigeon at 100 yards would be drawn scaled down to 1" for a 10 yard indoor range to appear to be 100 yards away. At ten yards MOA is .100" and looks/measures the same in a FFP scope as it does at 100 yards.