Indoor pew pew

15 yards

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Why all the shooting benches? We all need more practice unsupported or self supported.

What little indoor shooting I do is with FWB 300 variants, from offhand position. I'd postulate that a 10m gun makes about the perfect "indoor pew pew."

Around 2018-2019 a friend would host ft matches at his house. I'd show up a day early and help get the course set up. We'd hang out in his shop and shoot all kinds of stuff, (all of it offhand) into his pellet trap late that night before the ft match the next morning. A large % of that was FWB 10meter guns too. Fun times.

Reactions: c_m_shooter
Shooting benches reduce the likelihood of really bad stray shots causing damage. When your shooting alley is only two or three feet max, surrounded by shelves, walls, and valuables, the risk of consequences isn’t worth taking even though the risk of it happening might be close to nil.

When I began shooting indoors, I stuck to using my makeshift bench, which is just a Rubbermaid bin with a piece of wood on it, topped by a front sandbag and a rolled towel for my forearm or elbow. Rifle butt goes against my shoulder. With a pistol, my shooting hands hold the grip close to normal, except the supporting arm is on top of the bin.

Between the shorter-than-outside distance and the support for one arm, wild shots just never ended up far from the POA. So I next ditched my DIY “bench”. Instead, I sit on the floor and use a bent knee for the support arm, OR I sometimes use both bent knees for bracing. This is exactly what I do when sitting on the ground outdoors. It is harder than shooting off a sandbag but less prone to wobbles than standing offhand. I do practice the latter—but outdoors only.

The other precaution is I never shoot an unfamiliar gun indoors till after practicing outdoors. It also has to be at least roughly sighted in before I use it indoors. All in the name of keeping bad shots confined to a small area and definitely inside the pellet trap.

I don't know if this about getting ideas for a new pellet trap...or if you are shopping for airgun related interior decorating tips at this point. Just in case it's the latter, from guy who likes to build, modify, and tinker with things in general....you may find my kitchen table design inspirational...
1000000301.jpg
1000001858.jpg
the answer is yes, I live alone....