• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Indoor BB and Pellet trap for all my airguns

I bought the "Eleganza" trap more than a year ago. Absolutely safe when shooting indoors. I just hung it on the wall in one of the rooms of my house. I attach some photos from the manufacturer's website. I fired about 40,000 BBs and pellets last year - not a single dangerous rebound and lead dust is completely isolated from the environment! I recommend this trap for all air gun and airsoft shooters for indoor using. Find it at www.bbpellettrap.com or the video http://youtu.be/Z0eQU0e3RZ4
p.s. Shooting area is 30x30 cm!

001.1614497935.jpg

002.1614497955.jpg

003.1614497982.jpg

005.1614497994.jpg

Of course, you are absolutely right. However, I wouldn’t dare shoot airguns more powerful than 7 joules in living quarters or, for example, in a garage. More powerful weapons, in my opinion, should only be used in specially equipped shooting ranges or, of course, outdoors. This bb, pellet trap is exactly what fills a household niche. Especially if there are vulnerable objects or furniture around. In living quarters shooting distance itself can be only 3-6 meters. You will definitely not shoot your rifle at such a distance - it is not for that purpose. However, most people use air pistols, especially replicas at home for workouts between visiting the shooting range with their firearms.

I took a picture of a fragment of my BB & Pellet trap "Eleganza" steel plate. It looks like after ~ 40,000 shots, mostly steel BBs. Lead pellets do not damage the steel surface - they are already stamping circles faster. The answer for powerful weapon shooters: if you have enclosed spaces with long distances inside, 7 joules is definitely not the limit, as the force element in the trap design is a 2 mm thick steel plate on an 18 mm solid plywood base.

DSC00497.1614630242.jpg

I have set up a 25 yard range in my house to practice. I bought a 14 CM x 14 CM standard indoor trap, but I turned in into scrap metal in very short order with mt PCP air guns. I was breaking welds and punching holes strait though the thin sheet steel. My solution was to use the same target holder, but modified by using an inner lining of 4 mm thick steel plate panels and a heavy wall rectangular tube (4 mm) behind it with an additional 6 mm impact plate in the center of the tube. It is of course heavier, but it stands up to even my .25 Crown using JSB 34 gr heavies at 900 FPS. Yes, the pellets becomes just pieces of lead and lead dust, but that debris is heavier than air and I simply sweep it up. It has lasted for thousands of rounds and the pellets do not rebound and are actually easier on this target holder than steel BBs. The beauty for me is that it accepts the standard 14 cm targets and they are cheap. Just don't miss and hit the edge of the holder because that rolled edge is still the this sheet steel.

I have set up a 25 yard range in my house to practice. I bought a 14 CM x 14 CM standard indoor trap, but I turned in into scrap metal in very short order with mt PCP air guns. I was breaking welds and punching holes strait though the thin sheet steel. My solution was to use the same target holder, but modified by using an inner lining of 4 mm thick steel plate panels and a heavy wall rectangular tube (4 mm) behind it with an additional 6 mm impact plate in the center of the tube. It is of course heavier, but it stands up to even my .25 Crown using JSB 34 gr heavies at 900 FPS. Yes, the pellets becomes just pieces of lead and lead dust, but that debris is heavier than air and I simply sweep it up. It has lasted for thousands of rounds and the pellets do not rebound and are actually easier on this target holder than steel BBs. The beauty for me is that it accepts the standard 14 cm targets and they are cheap. Just don't miss and hit the edge of the holder because that rolled edge is still the this sheet steel.

I fully understand why you had a problem with the factory 14x14 trap. First of all, it is a problem of metal type and thickness when the trap structure does not have a solid support for the planes. It is a lot of fun when we are able to modernize mass Chinese products ourselves :)
The Eleganza metal plane is made of 2 mm S235 steel and is firmly bolted to an 18 mm plywood board. It is impossible to deform this sandwich using lead pellets. This can be done over a long period of time by firing steel BBs as they have a very small area of ​​impact. They just lengthen one side of the steel. Perimeter bolts prevent the steel from deforming. 900 fps .22 pellets really have a lot of power. My closest test was done with the Umarex Browning X-Blade Hunter 4.5mm 820 fps. To be clear, I will say that I shot 400 test shots from 3 meters !!! distance. I did this to simulate a long shot from a potentially more powerful rifle. The result was great - the pellets left crumbly pancakes, and the steel plate just smeared. Since the shooting area is 30x30 cm, I use any targets - adhesive, printed, etc. For additional edge protection, it is possible to use 5 mm aluminum alloy strips.

DSC00429____.1614984024.jpg

Interesting experiment to determine the strength of Eleganza. Shooting the Umarex Browning X-Blade Hunter 7.5 Joules from a very short distance of 3.5 m - 400 shots. The results did not disappoint - on the contrary, pleasantly surprised.

As we can see from the fully flattened pellet, the firing distance is not appropriate - weapons of this power must be used at a greater distance from the target. The reason - the deformable pellet releases a lot of lead dust. In this case, the airtightness of the Eleganza completely isolates them from the environment.

The EPE foam panel completely contained all the detached pellet chips. In the photo - EPE foam panel from the back side.

001.1615229781.jpg

002.1615229791.jpg

003.1615229801.jpg

When we train using a real weapon replica (usually shooting steel BB), the main thing is the time the weapon is pulled out, loaded, and the first shot is fired. It’s completely different from target shooting. There is a need for additional protection of the area around the trap. Safe Backstop provides an additional outer protection zone of 100 mm. It stops lead pellets, steel or plastic BB's with minimal rebound. The item is made of EPE foam and a thin but strong PVC awning attached to it.

DSC00397.1615360234.png

DSC00399.1615360252.png

DSC00400_.1615360264.png

I wear my Glock 19 all the time. But for the professional use of the weapon, I think, I should do everything completely automatically. For training at home I use the replica Umarex Glock 19. By illuminating the target and staying in the dark myself, I open up the full automation of weapon withdrawal, loading, and firing. For this I use the accessory - Floodlight Bracket. Floodlight Bracket is designed to install lighting of the target. Recomendation: use 10 W 3000 Kelvin LED floodlight mounted in aluminum housing. I use older model OSRAM floodlight. Each country has its own range of floodlights.

01.1615496936.jpg

02.1615496956.jpg