Indoor 25 yard competition. Gauging Interest

Only about 25 miles from you in 2003 Texas hosted the first large outdoor airgun gather only out done by Barnes @ Standing stone the year before. Followed by three more yearly gathering one which had 200 people in attendance, some traveling from across the county to get there. It was called Autumn Airgun Fun. Some of the core people who help put it on still live in the area. You also have the Texas State silhouette every September. in Haltom city. I drove over to if from McKinney every month to shoot. If you have a nice place to shoot and the PB'S will play nice, you should be able to get something. It my be slow at first and you will have to be persistent. Good luck.
P.S the first year Autumn Airgun Fun it rained 11 inches the night before. I did not think anyone would show up.
When I got to the site the next morning at 8:30 there were 50 people there. Including Ron Saul and Jim Guiles (Both R) they drove in from South Carolina.
If you build it they will come.

tim

Reactions: Ricochet
Thing is, they just opened a new indoor range in McKinney. It's called "The Range in McKinney". I stopped in the other day to look around and check things out. It is an extremely nice facility, with the capacity to host some pretty large events. As I left there my mind went to thinking of all the possibilities, and potential a place like that may have for the people in this area. I think they have 18 shooting lanes 25 yards, all automated and indoors. Rain or shine your event could still pan out. The place is pretty Ritzy, i felt sorta out of place wearing my work clothes in there. I'm not sure how to organize something like this or what all would have to go into it, but i do know the venue has huge potential for hosting some really nice events. This is just an idea at this point, and may fizzle out, or it could develop into a plan, and eventually turn into something fun. It's located in the middle of the USA, there are plenty of hotel and lodging options in the immediate area, Restaurants, catering services, you name it, all right here close. I mentioned it to a local retailer here in the DFW metro, but they didn't seem to be interested in promoting it, so instead of just trashing the idea, I thought I'd get on here and see what AGN might add to my thought train. Any larger sponsors here that may have input or folks who have organized shooting events, please weigh in. 25 yards may be too short of a distance to get any interest idk, but the 30-yard challenge I've been trying to score a 200 on, has really made me think, this could be fun.