Indiana Airgunners - Please Help

Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. Calling all Hoosiers to please chime in :)
So wife and I recently moved to Indiana (Marion county, Carmel/Zionsville/Fishers area) and as a new (excited) resident I'm kinda lost and I have no clue as to where to go to enjoy my hard earned Redwolf that has been locked in its case for months. I'm hoping for some friendly advice from fellow Indiana airgunners please: can anyone here guide/recommend any state forests, FWA's, open fields, shooting ranges/clubs literally anything/anywhere that is airgun friendly?? I realize that I'm centrally located and would need to travel and so I WILL, just please tell me where lol..
Any and every advise, tip, guidance, recommendation helps and is truly appreciated! 🙏 Thanks guys for your help and support and have a beautiful weekend.

Ari

Reactions: SHOMER
I am 90% certain there is a really nice public range at Eagle Creek Park off of about 56th St on the west side. There is an active group of airgunners at the Isaac Walton gun club in Kokomo.

There are numerous State and Federal park properties in Indiana that allow hunting. Additionally, there are numerous conservation clubs (such as the Linden Conservation club and Riley Conservation Club) with beautiful ranges and very reasonable annual membership fees. There are likely others closer to you that I am just not aware of.

The guys at Indiana Gun Club might be able to tell you where to look, even though they are a shotgun only facility, they sell a lot of rifles and pistols. They likely know where the local ranges are.

Reactions: SHOMER
Hey guys,
So wife and I recently moved to Indiana (Marion county, Carmel/Zionsville/Fishers area) and as a new (excited) resident I'm kinda lost and I have no clue as to where to go to enjoy my hard earned Redwolf that has been locked in its case for months. I'm hoping for some friendly advice from fellow Indiana airgunners please: can anyone here guide/recommend any state forests, FWA's, open fields, shooting ranges/clubs literally anything/anywhere that is airgun friendly?? I realize that I'm centrally located and would need to travel and so I WILL, just please tell me where lol..
Any and every advise, tip, guidance, recommendation helps and is truly appreciated! 🙏 Thanks guys for your help and support and have a beautiful weekend.

Ari
Kind of a drive for you, but Camp Atterbury near Travalger In has a 50 and 100 yard range.
I live in Greenwood/Center Grove area and usually go there. I've lived in Indiana my whole life ,67 yearsand still looking for areas to hunt

I am 90% certain there is a really nice public range at Eagle Creek Park off of about 56th St on the west side. There is an active group of airgunners at the Isaac Walton gun club in Kokomo.

There are numerous State and Federal park properties in Indiana that allow hunting. Additionally, there are numerous conservation clubs (such as the Linden Conservation club and Riley Conservation Club) with beautiful ranges and very reasonable annual membership fees. There are likely others closer to you that I am just not aware of.

The guys at Indiana Gun Club might be able to tell you where to look, even though they are a shotgun only facility, they sell a lot of rifles and pistols. They likely know where the local ranges are.
Thanks,
Looks like the public range at Eagle creek has been closed to the public since 2016..that would have been a great option tho..
I liked The Isaac Walton club in Kokomo suggestion as well as Linden and Riley so definitely gonna look into that further! Thank you for bringing those up my friend!
Ari

You might check out the Indiana DNR website. They list public ranges and places to shoot and hunt. If you’re into field target, there is a good club in Columbus, OH. It isn’t too far across I70. Also Fairfield sportsman club near Cincinnati does a good field target match.

Glad to have another air gunner in Indiana. Welcome.
Thanks Bam!
Man that DNR website is hard to navigate just because I find it unclear. It could be me tho...Field target is definitely an avenue i'm in too tho 2.5-3 hours driving is a bit of a strach.. lol

Kind of a drive for you, but Camp Atterbury near Travalger In has a 50 and 100 yard range.
I live in Greenwood/Center Grove area and usually go there. I've lived in Indiana my whole life ,67 yearsand still looking for areas to hunt
The facility at Camp Atterbbury looks legit, and 55 mins drive is definitely a drive that could manage. Thank you for suggesting that. Areas to hunt do feel kinda hard to come by so I'm with you there buddy. Thank you.

Reactions: cobber2
1353789C-E691-4EDD-AC48-4D3A012224E0.png

Reactions: AriPerklov
The facility at Camp Atterbbury looks legit, and 55 mins drive is definitely a drive that could manage. Thank you for suggesting that. Areas to hunt do feel kinda hard to come by so I'm with you there buddy. Thank you.
Your welcome :)
I forgot to add that Atterbury does have open hunting areas. You just need to check in with them. Also Morgan Monroe has hunting. That is North of Bloomington In.

Reactions: AriPerklov
Your welcome :)
I forgot to add that Atterbury does have open hunting areas. You just need to check in with them. Also Morgan Monroe has hunting. That is North of Bloomington In.
Funny you should mention Morgan Monroe. I went there twice about 6 months ago and spent 2 days each time. The woods are fantastic but so help me god, couldn't find a trace of wild life..i'm talkin no squirrels, no birds etc..it was disappointing and kind of eerie lol even tried some fishing in Bryant Lake with my dad ..nada. Would love to check out Atterbury's hunting areas tho. Thanks !

Hey guys,

Ari
I’m down near Louisville, Ky. I shoot some field target matches in Ohio. I also belong to Livonia Conservation Club outside of Salem, Indiana which has a 300 yard general use range that I shoot at.