Increasing fps on single stroke smooth bore bb rifles.

Hello. As the title states im wondering if there is a way to increase the fps on guns like the red ryder? I want a one pump with 4-500 fps. Ive worked on airsoft guns and am familiar with pistons and internals on those. Would i just upgrade the spring? Or would i need to upgrade the whole piston? Are there parts available to do this? I have a 760 but i dont want to pump that many times just too make sure the bb will puncture a soda or soup can. I looked for smooth bore break barrels and found none. Alternativly could i use a lower powered rifled break barrel? I realize it would ruin the rifling which i would be fine with but would that affect the accuracy of the bb or would i just be smoothing out the bore over time by doing that? Thanks in advance.

Aside from price, any particular reason why you want to stick with BBs? Pellets will be much more accurate and are much less likely to ricochet and cause issues. The HW30S is a great little pellet rifle and while it is a little pricey, isn't terribly expensive. Its probably one of my favorite little plinkers and works very, very well out to 50yds.

Reactions: maxtrouble
So i have a stable off pellet guns. But yes price and quietness. I shoot at about 35' feet and the pellet guns are noticable other than my umarex explorer. But price and i want a one pump unlike the 760. The 760 would be great if it had that power as a single stroke. So just for plinking at that range a smooth bore would be great. Or does anyone know any single stroke smooth bore bb rifles that do shoot around 500 fps that are currently available?

Get a P17 Shoots very accurate maybe get 425 with some mods.
The Crosman V350, M1 and 3500 all shoot at around 370fps.
Old Daisy 25 about the same.
The pre 55 Red Ryder also had more power than the newer.
Good luck finding a 500fps bb single stroke.

Here is the guy to go to if you want the Red Ryder to shoot better

This made me pull out my airsoft novritsch rifle. 700fps with .20 gram bbs but i shoot .28 - .40 bbs. Rips through soda cans but has trouble with coffee cans at 35'. I guess ill just stick with this. Airsoft has a GIANT modding/tuning community but it comes at a price. I was hoping these lower end bb guns would be as easy/have as readily available aftermarket support but it doesnt appear so. That being said i do have my break barrels when i want to shoot pellets.

Single-stroke daisy 853's from the CMP, see link below;

$125 plus shipping and they come to you freshly resealed and shooting well north of 500 fps, also they come with a Lothar-Walther match barrel. Also, they're grooved for scope/sight & receiver is "US" marked. Mine literally stacks pellets out to 20 yards easily.

IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_7929.jpg