• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Inconsistent! Ugh!

I put a Huma reg in my Royale 400, and found the pressure scale on the reg to be way off. Also, it's possible you have accidentally got the reg set above your supply-side pressure, so the rifle is actually unregulated. When you remove the reg, drain the plenum by loosening the stock attachment screw housing, not the bottle adapter. If the plenum is pressurized, and you loosen the bottle adapter, it will suck the reg forward, and it can get stuck in the adapter in such a way that when you unscrew it, you will also unscrew the reg adjusting screw, mine actually totally unscrewed and came apart. 

I put a Huma reg in my Royale 400, and found the pressure scale on the reg to be way off. Also, it's possible you have accidentally got the reg set above your supply-side pressure, so the rifle is actually unregulated. When you remove the reg, drain the plenum by loosening the stock attachment screw housing, not the bottle adapter. If the plenum is pressurized, and you loosen the bottle adapter, it will suck the reg forward, and it can get stuck in the adapter in such a way that when you unscrew it, you will also unscrew the reg adjusting screw, mine actually totally unscrewed and came apart.

That's great information.

You can get this fitting that screws into the stock retention stud hole and then add a gauge with preferably a bleeder inline to confirm your regulator pressure. Disregard the 194bar this one shows it was a bad regulator. 

Jking

M6 fitting.1612069157.PNG
FX regulator check.1612069190.PNG

Where can I get that adapter? Or how is it described, so I can search for it.

That's not a cheap pressure gauge you have! Nice....

This just happened to mine as well. I noticed that the bottle adapter wasn't screwing in hand tight like it had in the past - the screw on top of the Huma was unscrewing. Now I have no idea where the Huma reg pressure is right now. I never measured the OAL of the reg before I installed it. I have that info for the FX. I went back to the original FX regulator.

This just happened to mine as well. I noticed that the bottle adapter wasn't screwing in hand tight like it had in the past - the screw on top of the Huma was unscrewing. Now I have no idea where the Huma reg pressure is right now. I never measured the OAL of the reg before I installed it. I have that info for the FX. I went back to the original FX regulator.

When my Huma came apart, I called Jeff at Trenier Outdoors, and he measured the OAL of a new one, it's 1.265". I don't know what the bar gauge on the reg will indicate, but it's not very accurate anyway. That measurement will get you at least close enough to do your final tuning. And if you de-pressurize by loosening the stock attachment screw housing, you shoudn't have this problem again, as the air will escape rearward of the point at which the reg would contact the bottle adapter.