"Inconsistent" slugs?

I dont know if this is something to fuss around about, but compared to 2 other brands i have theese looks dirty and has some ressidue left in the HP ? This is just the first one i took out of the box.

20240326_153233.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Name and shame? I wouldn't buy that brand after seeing these pics, terrible quality control...but seems to be common thread these days in airgun projectile manufacturing.

I tell ya what, with all the fuss about advancing this or that with airguns, projectile consistency is probably one of the next important steps that should be all airgun shooters priority, we're talking not just batch to batch, but also from die to die consistency, and this applies from the cheapest available to the most expensive. All too often do I hear horror stories of quality issues from these manufacturers from one day to the next.

-Matt

Name and shame? I wouldn't buy that brand after seeing these pics, terrible quality control...but seems to be common thread these days in airgun projectile manufacturing.

I tell ya what, with all the fuss about advancing this or that with airguns, projectile consistency is probably one of the next important steps that should be all airgun shooters priority, we're talking not just batch to batch, but also from die to die consistency, and this applies from the cheapest available to the most expensive. All too often do I hear horror stories of quality issues from these manufacturers from one day to the next.

-Matt
Those look like H&N with the new HP, it honestly looks like too much lube woth whatever lead residue that was in the tin may have gotten into the HP

Reactions: Gambler
This is HN HP2 30gr .25cal.
I dont want to make a big number out of it and not going to take it back to store cuz I kind og knew this was a possebility since i have been unlucky with them before, so I Just threw them out and use the box for my zan's xD
I will have to send you a lucky rabbits foot next time I get a rabbit, this bad luck of yours needs to end lol.

Maybe it's a batch thing? I ordered 6 tins of H&N, 5 of the massive expansion ones from 40-46gr and a tin of the hp2 in 36gr none have anything like that on the HP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impact701
This is HN HP2 30gr .25cal.
I dont want to make a big number out of it and not going to take it back to store cuz I kind og knew this was a possebility since i have been unlucky with them before, so I Just threw them out and use the box for my zan's xD
I opened my fist box of zan's last night. They are not a good looking slug either. The body of them look kinda rough but they look like they might be good in my panthera from the initial test.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
A little helpful tip for you guys. If your gun and settings will shoot that slug great, the things you guys are complaining about don’t matter. The wrong pretty slug won’t outshoot the ugly right slug.
I dont know if I was lumped into the "helpful tip for you guys" comment but I wasnt complaining just stating my zans look as crappy as his H&N. After shooting the zans for a couple groups they appear to be worth working on a tune to see whats the best they can do. I care about performance over anything else.

I dont know if this is something to fuss around about, but compared to 2 other brands i have theese looks dirty and has some ressidue left in the HP ? This is just the first one i took out of the box.

View attachment 449339
Of course, this shouldn't leave the factory like that. Please send us an email with pictures of the slugs and the bottom of the tin (batch number) to [email protected]. We will take care about this problem.

Of course, this shouldn't leave the factory like that. Please send us an email with pictures of the slugs and the bottom of the tin (batch number) to [email protected]. We will take care about this problem.
One thing to add: The company is closed on Friday and Monday for the Easter holidays. Thus we wouldn't come back to you before Tuesday next week.

H&N and NSA [Edit: and ZAN] are the only pellet factories that I have ever seen respond to us users — AND offer to make things right. 👏🏼

There is a plethora of threads like this one about projectiles from other manufacturers — describing a problem or an important question.
But those other manufacturers simply leave us airgunners hanging out to dry.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you, H&N, for caring for us airgunners! 😊

Matthias

Last edited:
A little helpful tip for you guys. If your gun and settings will shoot that slug great, the things you guys are complaining about don’t matter. The wrong pretty slug won’t outshoot the ugly right slug.
Yup, Apolo slugs aren't the prettiest, but they're cheap and they shoot damn straight out of most of my guns and my friends guns. I did find the my vulcan 3 .25 700mm loves the 36gr hp2 from H&N though.

H&N and NSA are the only pellet factories that I have ever seen respond to us users — AND offer to make things right. 👏🏼

There is a plethora of threads like this one about projectiles from other manufacturers — describing a problem or an important question.
But those other manufacturers simply leave us airgunners hanging out to dry.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Matthias
I fully agree. I really like that H&N is a participant here on our forum and is willing to respond to members needs and questions. That personal touch really influences my decision to use their slugs. Although the fact that their 30 grain HP2 slugs work so very very well in my Panthera doesn’t hurt either😁.
Kenny

H&N and NSA are the only pellet factories that I have ever seen respond to us users — AND offer to make things right. 👏🏼

Matthias
Are you sure about upper statment? :)